Thread: Cant fix

Default Cant fix

My problem:When I run the scan I get a message that certain things can't be removed or when removed, they keep coming back. I google them but there is an assumption that in the directions, I am knowledgeable enough to understand the instructions. I'm lacking in techi knowledge. Can you help me? When trying to work, my whole page gets hilited in blue & I have to click numous times to get rid of it. Also, my page often disapears. I kept track of some of the urls: Often repeated are: Barowwsoe2Save, conduit
    I'm not sure that this is what you mean by a log. I copied the address in the browser bar into Excel. That is what I'm sending you.
    Virus Addresses
    Barowwsoe2save
    [SBI $F5174E 26]Program directory C:\Program Files\Optimizer Pro\
    Suspicious
    tmpresp.tmp TMP File 0KB
    C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation\Broadcom USH Host Components\brcmbsp\release
    C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation
    C:\Program Files\Conduit\ValueApps\IE

Also, I want to put Spybot on my other cpu. but there are so many places offering spybot, I dont' know which one to trust. I keep getting error messages for safer networking sites. Is there something wrong with their business or are there a lot of uses of their name? Also,when I do get it, I want the interface to be the one I'm used to seeing & using: 1.6.2.46. Can I get this interface & still have it be up to date? Like can I get this & this click on updates & have it be up to date? I know this was explained to me once but I suffered a serious illness since, & don't remember & I don't think I understood it in the first place . I'm a 71 yr old & fairly good at operating the cpu. but I'm not much of a techi & don't understand a lot of the lingo. Pls give me step by step kindergarten instructions. thx & Puppy love from InventingJoy & Furry folk

I am InventingJoy Thx in advance for your help
    Last edited by Juliet; 2014-02-25 at 23:14. Reason: safety

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Hi and welcome.
    I edited your post to prevent other users from clicking on a malicious link and to remove your email address. You don't need to post your address on forums since Bots scroll through the forums and it is possible it could be posted elsewhere.

Let me see if I can help.

After we get your computer clean I'll try to direct you to the correct download for SpyBot Search N Destroy.

Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
    There are 6 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
    Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin
    You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.
    1. rkill.exe
    2. rkill.com
    3. rkill.scr
    4. rkill.pif
    5. WiNlOgOn.exe
    6. uSeRiNiT.exe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

(use correct version for your system.....Which system am I using?)
    and Tutorial http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ery-scan-tool/

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
    • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    • Please copy and paste log back here.
    • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Sorry if this is duplicated. I'm not getting a confirmation so am posting again.
    My problem:When I run the scan I get a message that certain things can't be removed or when removed, they keep coming back. I google them but there is an assumption that in the directions, I am knowledgeable enough to understand the instructions. I'm lacking in techi knowledge. Can you help me? When trying to work, my whole page gets hilited in blue & I have to click numous times to get rid of it. Also, my page often disapears. I kept track of some of the urls: Often repeated are: Barowwsoe2Save, conduit
    I'm not sure that this is what you mean by a log. I copied the address in the browser bar into Excel. That is what I'm sending you.

Did you see the two scanners I posted in a topic before this one?

Also, at the top of the forum are button, one is called Thread Tools, click on it to open, then click on subscribe. It takes you to another option on how you wish to receive notifications....I set mine to instant by email.
    Last edited by Juliet; 2014-02-25 at 23:37. Reason: typo

Can you see my reply?

Look for this in your add/remove programs list, it needs to be deleted.

Optimizer Pro

Then if you can continue with post # 2
    Last edited by Juliet; 2014-02-25 at 23:48. Reason: added information
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.