Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Endless wait circle #2

Default Endless wait circle #2

Edit
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...cle-icon/page8

Hi OCD,
    I am very sorry I took so long to respond to your last post, and can understand why you archived the "endless wait circle" after such an endless wait. I will try to be more diligent in the future if you could be so kind as to wrap this up with me.

I have had a lot of testing time, but just now used your instructions for uninstalling Mcaffe and reinstalling spybot and making the adjustments. Your first paragraph about spybot was not accomplished as there is an "internet protection" tab but not an "internet connection" tab. Although they both had proxy content, there was nothing similar. I also followed the instructions from spybot they sent in two separate emails.

I now have a new problem with this error constantly popping up and requiring multiple clicks on the X to get it to go away. It pops up on reboot as well and stops the system start up process until you click and click on it. I think it's related to adobe again but I could not find a coherent "fix" on their technical site.

Microsoft Visual C++ runtime.log

Program:C:\Program Files(x86)
    R6034

An application has made and attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-02-09 at 04:18. Reason: Removed helper's username in subject, added link

Malware Team-Emeritus

Hi Samwise,

Welcome back. Sorry you are still having difficulties.

I now have a new problem with this error constantly popping up and requiring multiple clicks on the X to get it to go away. It pops up on reboot as well and stops the system start up process until you click and click on it. I think it's related to adobe again but I could not find a coherent "fix" on their technical site.
    What makes you think it is Adobe related?

Have you tried uninstalling Adobe to see if the problem persists?
    OCD
    ----------
    Graduate of WTT Classroom
    Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days

Default Thanks for the f/u

Sorry, I left off the part that makes me think adobe:
    Program:C:\Program Files(x86)\Adob...

It actually has the elipse after Adob.

I will try uninstalling it.

Default uninstall adobe

Hi OCD,
    I uninstalled Adobe Reader XI (11.0.06) and rebooted and the error message came back upon reboot but without the Adob... text, which seems to indicate it was not adobe after all. I still have three adobe flash player files and one shockwave file that I did not uninstall.

Malware Team-Emeritus

Hi Samwise,

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message?
    OCD
    ----------
    Member of UNITE

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    Hi Samwise,

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message?
    I've tried, but it won't let me highlight it to paste and my screen shot button does not seem to work. The key looks like this:

Print
    Screen
    SysRq

I've tried it alone and with ctrl, shift, and Alt.

Malware Team-Emeritus

Hi Samwise,

Hmm .... Let's try and roll the computer back to just before this issues started.

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
    Follow the onscreen directions and select a date before this error started occurring.
    Reboot after you are done and see if the error message is still present.
    OCD
    ----------
    Member of UNITE

okay, I'll go look at our threads in the archive to figure out a good date.

Default interesting problems

I restored the computer to 2-2-14, after we seemed to fix the problems and prior to installing spybot. The computer came back on without the bothersome message. I re-installed Spybot, without changing all of the settings yet and sometime during this process I was able to reinstall adobe without Mcaffee hijacking in (there was some work I needed to get done). I tried logging on here to report last night and the browser could not connect to spybot or this forum with repeated attempts. I rebooted to make sure everything was okay and to try again later. I logged on this morning and after putting in my password the computer went into endless circle mode, changing to black screen and then going to my desktop, with 100's of identical error messages. It took about an hour for me to be able to navigate to system restore and to restore it again to prior to putting spybot back on.
    It came back on with a couple of messages about missing files that I was able to get rid of with one click and to navigate here. I do not currently have an antivirus program. It seems there is something wrong with spybot. I'm not going to do anything until I hear from you.

As I am typing here, the firewall program is asking to block or allow a program: Autorun detected, Module v4.0.30319, requested by C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe I allowed this before system restore, how about now?

Default itunes update

I just saw a 'time to update Itunes software" notice and it reminded me that since the last fix, I have not been able to update it. It would give an error message directing me to the program to try manual update and that would not work either and then the update message would reappear. Following the advice from this forum, I always try to keep all software up to date when prompted.