Thread: I have Spybot on all of my computers and have used it for years BUT...

Angry I have Spybot on all of my computers and have used it for years BUT...

I have Spybot on all of my computers and have used it for years. All are set exactly the same way BUT on this computer I keep getting a return of "NO PROBLEMS FOUND"

On all of the other computers I ALWAYS HAVE A HOST OF PROBLEMS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED.

Even when this computer is slow, freezing and running like crap, Spybot doesn't find any problems.

Spybot has always been my go-to program for a clean up. I have checked my settings against my other computers and they are all set the same.
    Please help!
    Thanks!

Did you recently download Spybot onto the computer where no problems are found?
    Is the Spybot scan time on the computer where no problems are found roughly the same as the other Spybot scan times on the other computers?

Hi, I downloaded Spybot at least a year ago and update daily. Today, I ran a scan and it took 19mins and 20 secs to complete returning "No problems found" ~ I can't be that lucky! Any ideas? Thanks!

Yup.Open Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Settings(say yes to uac,if applicable),click the categories tab,rightclick somewhere in the window,and scroll down.If Usage Tracks is unchecked,that would explain why Spybot on this computer finds "No problems".The computer that finds "No Problems" may not search for Usage Tracks during a scan,and the Spybots on your other computers might search for tracks.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
    Do you have the same version of Spybot on all your computers?
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2014-03-05 at 23:01.

Angry Answer to your suggestion...

I did as you suggested and the Usage Tracks is checked. I am using the latest version of Spybot 2.2 on this computer and my other ones too. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

I did as you suggested and the Usage Tracks is checked. In fact... All boxes are checked. I am using the latest version of Spybot 2.2 on this computer and my other ones too. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

I did as you suggested and the Usage Tracks is checked. In fact... All boxes are checked. UAC is turned off on this computer and on all of my computers where there are no problems running Spybot. I am using the latest version of Spybot 2.2 on this computer and the other ones too. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

You're welcome.

If Usage tracks are checkmarked,it ought to show at least a few things found after a scan,I'm not sure why it isn't.
    There are two Usage Tracks under Categories,Tracks.sbi and Tracks.uti.Are both checkmarked?
    The computer where no problems are found,are there any differences between it and your other ones?An example of differences would be if the one where no problems were found was running Linux,and the others have windows,or anything like that.
    And this ought not make much difference,but to have a little more info,where is Spybot installed to?Default would be C:\Program Files(x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.