Thread: I still miss teatimer

Default I still miss teatimer

I reluctantly upgraded Spybot even though it meant losing teatimer. I have yet to find a fully satisfactory replacement for it. I'm currently evaluating both Mike Lin's Startup Monitor and WinPatrol. Both are good, but not as good as teatimer was in "paranoid mode".

Is there any chance that teatimer will return?

Tom

Smile

I too liked TeaTimer but found it was confusing to people who were just users, and unfamiliar with the concept of the registry. I discovered a program named ERUNT that runs on XP and Win7 which I run automatically at start-up every time the PC starts. It saves the registry and other supplemental files, which can be restored if you can get your PC to a C:\ prompt. It takes about 5 secs to run at start-up and can save your rear end from some of the most disastrous failures. It has a good help (ReadMe) file that explains its operation and parameter usage. And it's FREE. The only downside is you have to remember to Periodically clean out the some of the Old files, monthly or quarterly should be fine. I run this on all my PC's and Install it on any PC I work on.

Default erunt == overkill

I tried ERUNT a long time ago. It's nothing like teatimer.