Thread: Connection Timed Out

Default Connection Timed Out

How do I change the amount of time in the browser before Spybot kills the connection?

Spybot doesn't kill the connection normally,that I know of.

Could you let me know the version of Spybot you're using,and if you are using Spybot proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Spybot doesn't kill the connection normally,that I know of.

Could you let me know the version of Spybot you're using,and if you are using Spybot proxy?
    I'm using Spybot 2.1 Home edition and I am using Spybot Proxy.
    I maybe didn't explain right. When I am trying to get to a web address )(URL?) if it is taking a while for the web page to appear I get this response from spybot 'Connection Timed Out'. I cannot find anywhere to turn this off or to lengthen the time before Spybot times out the connection.

Yes,I remember that from when I used the proxy.
    Unfortunately I have no idea how exactly that all works.So it might be kind of vague,but I'll give you my best guesses.
    You know how if you were on your browser before you used to use the Spybot proxy,and it was taking quite a while to get to a site,so then after a certain amount of time you see a page in your browser that says the connection timed out?
    Well,my best guess has always been that it's pretty much the same as that when you see the Connection Timed Out page that Spybot shows,it is a page with information for you,but is not something that can simply be turned off or on.A certain amount of time passes,and when no connection is made,then the page is displayed.
    There is nowhere that I know of to remove the Connection Timed Out page showing in your browser through Spybot itself,unless you stop using the proxy,then after that the Connection Timed Out page goes back to being shown by your browser.

There is also no where within Spybot Settings to adjust the set amount of time before the Connection Timed Out page is displayed that I'm aware of.
    If it's possible to increase the amount of time in the computer registry,I don't have the foggiest notion of where that might be located,sorry.

Thanks for your help anyway.

You're welcome.

Some people when using the Spybot proxy experienced internet slowdowns,and I believe I remember some people mentioning seeing the Connection Timed Out page a lot.
    So now the Spybot proxy is usually disabled after downloading SDDisableProxy.exe,I believe.
    Of course,since you have the Spybot proxy enabled,you may prefer to use it.
    But if you were having a lot of connection timed out pages,you could try disabling the Spybot proxy and see how it goes,if you would like.