Thread: Newbie with Slow Loading programs

Default Newbie with Slow Loading programs

Hi,
    I am new to the forum. I have used the free Spybot Search and Destroy for a couple of years. Great product. A couple of days ago I purchased the Home Antivirus program. It is installed. What I am having trouble is,

After I boot and log in the computer loads all programs including internet connection terribly slow. Is there a way to speed it up.
    Thank you

Would you happen to have an antivirus program installed on your computer,besides Spybot Home edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Would you happen to have an antivirus program installed on your computer,besides Spybot Home edition?
    Thanks for the reply. I had Microsoft's Security Essentials installed but uninstalled it before installing Spybot Home.

You're welcome.
    Ok,it's not some kind of antivirus conflict.

It's possible there might be some slowdown because Live Protection scans programs before they start,so you might see a delay before the programs open.But that's the real-time protection part of Spybot,so it's not a good idea to shut it off or anything.

Do you use the Spybot proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You're welcome.
    Ok,it's not some kind of antivirus conflict.

It's possible there might be some slowdown because Live Protection scans programs before they start,so you might see a delay before the programs open.But that's the real-time protection part of Spybot,so it's not a good idea to shut it off or anything.

Do you use the Spybot proxy?
    Firstly, thank you for the reply and concern. I guess I figured it out late yesterday that Home is scanning at start up. I was not used to that with Essentials. I don't know what a Spybot proxy is so I probably don't use it. Because of the delay at start up I thought that I might have it installed wrong. So it's doing it's job and I am happy for you help.

You're very welcome.