Thread: Gorilla Price

Default Gorilla Price

Hi,
    Has anyone had any success with using SpyBot to detect and remove this little bugger. (Gorilla Price) From what I hear it is tricky to get rid of. I was hoping SpyBot would nip it.

Kevin

I don't actually see Gorillaprice listed as detected by Spybot,though it may be there,and just called something else.
    Had you tried scanning with Spybot yet?If so,was gorillaprice detected?

Yes,
    Not my computer... a relatives six hundred miles away... Spybot did not find anything relevant, although it did find a few things. I had him load up malwarebytes an it found a whole slew of things... including the Gorilla Price. However, on removal - it left him unable to use his internet browsers. He wound up doing a re-install of his OS to save time. I believe it requires reinstalling your network drivers, protocols, fixing your hosts file and possibly resetting/reinstalling your browsers. It leaves a mess. I wish he would read the prompts when he installs stuff. This was avoidable as I think he was asked if it was OK to install this stuff. (Maybe like on Cnet or ZD like a download manager... or just included in the download.) So it may not be considered a virus, but it is adware at the least, and I consider it malware.

JUST SAY NO.

Oh,sorry to hear that.
    I usually just tell anybody what I think happened,and hope they'll look next time.
    "Hey,Nanny/Mom/Uncle Phil,I think you might have gotten program XYZ when you installed ABC,when you're installing something next time,look to see what might be bundled with it when you're installing,and if you don't want it,uncheck it if you can during the install."Sometimes,they listen,eventually.