Hi Ken,

Thank you, so much, on behalf of my father, for your expert help. I have suggested that he makes a donation to the site as I did when I received personal help from the forum to remove a virus.

Regarding whatthetech.com:

Last night I registered on the site; however, after three attempts I have not received the account validation email. As I am not registered I cannot use the forums or the personal messaging system to contact admin, and I cannot find an admin contact email address.

In the end, I did manage to get the email address of a moderator by clicking on a 'report this page' link. I have sent him an email; so, hopefully he will get back to me regarding validating the account.

As I'm only off work for one more day and my dad is a regular blogger I really wanted to try to get his PC sorted this week; therefore, I have posted in the Windows Vista forum of bleepingcomputer.com until someone at whatthetech.com gets back to me.

The link is: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...s-please-help/.

I will let you know how I get on. In the meantime, I will keep an eye on my inbox for a validation email from What The Tech.

Thanks again.

Daniel.