Thread: User Account Control - Windows asks to allow Spybot to remove files, but just stays

Question User Account Control - Windows asks to allow Spybot to remove files, but just stays

After running Spybot Search and Destroy 2 items could not be fixed. Now a "User Account Control" window opens up and asks if I want to allow Spybot to remove files. Neither YES or NO does anything. Originally the window went away and popped right back up. Now, it goes away and dims the screen preventing me from doing anything.

I keep hitting NO and somehow the request finally goes to the task bar where it continues flashing, but at least I can then access my system. The number of times I hit NO seems to vary. I have also tried YES because Spybot is shown as a trusted service on the window. I can't show you a screen print because as soon as I allow it to be displayed I have a dim screen and can't do that.

I tried killing the request via Task Manager, but that doesn't work.
    Then I started a new scan and tried ending the process tree, hoping it would kill the request with it, but that didn't work.

My anonymous (not personal) is kidp1343@yahoo.com. I would appreciate help on this.

This is a messy way of doing it,but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.If you feel okay about trying this(it's at your own risk),try restarting your computer.

If that works,rightclick the Spybot start center,and select Run As Administrator when you log back in and are ready to run a scan.That should bypass the User Account Control window from coming up at the end of the Spybot scan.

Also,Spybot 2.3 is available,if you would like to get it after this problem is settled:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/2014...been-released/
    Posted on that page:
    SDScan now runs automatically with escalated privileges. This means no more annoying restarts and no need to run SDCleaner.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2014-05-04 at 00:19.