Thread: I can not remove spybot from my computer

Default I can not remove spybot from my computer

Quote Originally Posted by Ayre13 View Post
    I've done everything I can think of to get rid of this program that my son downloaded...it keeps trying to install itself, it's no longer in the add/remove programs and when I search for it nothing comes up yet it keeps coming with a pop up that says "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio Creator 2009". I'm not even sure what this program is but it WON'T STOP!! :(:( Please help! If this isn't a virus (since it's not showing up in AVG) what is it???
    I spent weeks trying to remove spybot search and install. spybot is blocking my skype and Safari program as well as some plugins to play videos on IE and Firefox. The only time I was able to run my computer smoothly is when i was able to remove spybot on safe mod and restart the computer.. but when i restart again I see spybot on the program lists again.. I tried everything to delete this program.. now not even worst virus caused me this much trouble.

Now, I am willing to pay you to remove this from my computer if you can help? we can do a remote access.. I simply can't use the programs I rely on every day.

please HElp
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-04-29 at 18:34. Reason: Split off from another member's topic in the Tavern

Default I can not remove spybot from my computer

For some reason, spybot blocks somes of the programs on my computer.

I spent weeks trying to remove spybot search and install. spybot is blocking my skype and Safari program as well as some plugins to play videos on IE and Firefox. The only time I was able to run my computer smoothly is when i was able to remove spybot on safe mod and restart the computer.. but when i restart again I see spybot on the program lists again nad my programs blocked again.. I tried everything to delete this program.. now not even worst virus caused me this much trouble.

I am willing to pay someone to remove this spybot from my computer if someone can help? we can do a remote access.. I simply can't use the programs I rely on every day.

please HElp
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-04-29 at 18:35. Reason: Moved from the Malware Removal forum and merged

Hello hpolat,

Quote Originally Posted by hpolat View Post
    I spent weeks trying to remove spybot search and install. spybot is blocking my skype and Safari program as well as some plugins to play videos on IE and Firefox. The only time I was able to run my computer smoothly is when i was able to remove spybot on safe mod and restart the computer.. but when i restart again I see spybot on the program lists again nad my programs blocked again.. I tried everything to delete this program
    Spybot-S&D can be removed via Start > Remove Programs.

Please provide a link to where you downloaded the software and also the version you installed.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello hpolat,

Spybot-S&D can be removed via Start > Remove Programs.

Please provide a link to where you downloaded the software and also the version you installed.

Best regards.
    Hi, I downloaded latest version from the safe networking site. i run wondows 7. me and a tech service tried uninstalling it numerous times.. i check it later on and it appears under programs and features again.. i downloaded clean uninstall program to uninstall it.. this time, i don't see it under programs but must have left some trash files on the system that I can't still run my programs.. I am not tech savy either.. but skype tech support also blamed spybot blocking it too but couldn't help me how to completely remove the software. so can someone from spybot access my computer remote access?

Please go to Start > Remove Programs and selct the Entry "Spybot" and click "Uninstall", now answer all displayed Dialogs from Spybot with Yes or Continue.
    After the uninstaller finished, reboot ur system.

Now open Windows-Explorer and find the Install-Directory.
    By Default this will be
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\ for 32bit or C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\ for 64bit Windows.

Delte the folder Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 there.

Now open Windows-Explorer and find AppData.
    By Default this will be C:\Users\[USERNAME]l\AppData\
    Find all folders with Spybot and/or Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 and delete them.

Now type [windows] + r and enter: msconfig and press ENTER.
    Goto Tabs SERVICES and Systemstart and disable all from Spybot.
    Restart your Computer.

Run an Registry-Cleaner, like CCleaner and let them clean ur Registy as User and as Admin.
    Restart your Computer.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    Run an Registry-Cleaner, like CCleaner and let them clean ur Registy as User and as Admin.
    FYI: Registry Cleaners, not recommended
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    Please go to Start > Remove Programs and selct the Entry "Spybot" and click "Uninstall", now answer all displayed Dialogs from Spybot with Yes or Continue.
    After the uninstaller finished, reboot ur system.

Now open Windows-Explorer and find the Install-Directory.
    By Default this will be
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\ for 32bit or C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\ for 64bit Windows.

Delte the folder Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 there.

Now open Windows-Explorer and find AppData.
    By Default this will be C:\Users\[USERNAME]l\AppData\
    Find all folders with Spybot and/or Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 and delete them.

Now type [windows] + r and enter: msconfig and press ENTER.
    Goto Tabs SERVICES and Systemstart and disable all from Spybot.
    Restart your Computer.

Restart your Computer.
    Thank you for these steps.. I cleaned it all up but it was still under msconfig startup list.. so I unchecked it.. I will let you know the result. thank you