Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Immunization NOT complete - 193 still unprotected.

Default Immunization NOT complete - 193 still unprotected.

Running windows 8.1 and spybot can't immunize the last 193 items. I have read over and been through the help section... and have disabled all protection. I have right clicked to use administrator rights... but still can't immunize the final 193. I rebooted after shutting everything down and it didn't work. I have NO browsers open....

The help file has been no help...

Any suggestions?

Going by the 193 number,I wonder if it's cookies in one of your browsers that weren't immunized?On the immunization page(after the immunization test is over),click show Details.Which section of immunization is showing as unimmunized or only partly immunized?

Exclamation

I am having the exact same issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Going by the 193 number,I wonder if it's cookies in one of your browsers that weren't immunized?
    It's the Opera Cookies. For some reason, they cannot be immunized.

Does anyone know how to circumvent the problem?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by DocCovington; 2014-06-30 at 22:10.

Does anyone know how to circumvent the problem?
    No,I don't.When somebody asked another question on here,I downloaded the Opera browser,and I couldn't get the cookies to immunize either.
    I see the latest Opera is fairly new,so I assume they may have changed the location of whatever and where-ever the file for blocking Opera cookies is(I'm not real familiar with Opera,so I couldn't figure out which file that was.),and Spybot no longer knows where it is located,either.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2014-06-30 at 22:40.

I thought as much. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Default Get same error, 193 Opera cookies fail Spybot immunization

I've been getting this same error for several months now. Running Win 7 home premium SP1, Opera 25.0, Spybot+AV home 2.4.40 run with admin privileges. I've tried to locate where Opera is presently storing its cookies to delete them manually but have so far been unsuccessful. Seems odd that Spybot developers wouldn't know where they are though...

Seems odd that Spybot developers wouldn't know where they are though...
    When I was looking for possible reasons why Opera cookies weren't being immunized,I believe I found it mentioned on here somewhere that the location in Opera where cookies would be blocked changes frequently,or that's the general gist of what I read,as I recall.

Default Opera cookies in program file?

From the Opera support site, the program's install paths are listed in the About Opera window. For me the personal data path was C:\Users\AZ\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera\Stable. The program cookies appear to be in a file called Cookies (very tricky! ) which probably requires Opera to open (Wordpad shows gobbledygook). So maybe the cookies are inaccessible to other apps. The "193 still unprotected" error seems odd in this regard--as the number is always the same it probably isn't referring to actual cookies, the number of which would change over time, but something else?

The 193 still unprotected is referring to the amount of cookies Spybot has listed to block.So 193 cookie immunizations,as it were.