Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Immunization NOT complete - 193 still unprotected.

Default but 193 are still unprotected!

I have exactly the same number and issue. I have looked for these mysterious 193 cookies in the hidden folders for Opera and I do not find them. This issue is dragging on, so can Spybot respond with their take on this problem?

Default It has nothing to do with Opera?

Hi.

I think that this is the best place so far to ask my question:

I just did a clean install of Win10 and I have never had Opera on this computer. The 193 Cookies are Malware/Virus (Don't even know the right term) related/residues. Spybot was also showing that I have Opera on my computer until I managed to get rid of the malware with AdwCleaner (Spybot scans didn't show that anything was wrong). I noticed that it was malware because when I was using Firefox it kept on opening new tabs and pages all the time. 100% sure that it was a malware/virus I got because I did some urgent googling with unprotected pc for a few minutes and then the problems really started.

AdBlock didn't work with this problem maybe because some updates always failed before I could remove the problem so maybe the person who asked the first question has AdBlock or something similar up to date so he/she can't se the really irritating commercials? I'm not good with computers but for sure the 193 are not associated with Opera browser and there is at least some peaple asking the same question in different forums.

But anyhow it seems to be OK for now (had to delete one folder manually though after AdwCleaner. Still I really would like to get rid of those 193 "things" on my computer that definitely don't belong there even though they don't seem to be causing any problems anymore.

It is possible that it was Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that solved the problem with the Malware/Virus because I'm not sure anymore but definitely Spybot couldn't solve the problem even though I ran it like 3 times with different setting and in Safe Mode etc.

I would really like to get rid of those because It's enough for me that there is all the big tech company's spying on me so I just don't wanna even have a possibility that there's one more instance illegally spying on me.

Pleace can someone help?

(corrected some language mistakes)
    Last edited by MoreOn; 2015-09-12 at 03:32.

Default 140025 are still unprotected

Not just the 193 for me.
    [BLOCKQUOTE]234607 of 374632 entries are already immunized, but 140025 are still unprotected![/BLOCKQUOTE] Flock and SeaMonkey.
    How can I locate and delete these entries?

Question Cannot find "Edit post" button for previous reply

Quote Originally Posted by Edward27821 View Post
    Not just the 193 for me.
    234607 of 374632 entries are already immunized, but 140025 are still unprotected!
    386 (193 each) in Flock and SeaMonkey are cookies.
    After running several times the other numbers decreased .
    "281282 of 374632 entries are already immunized, but 93350 are still unprotected!"
    15494 in each of the 3 categories (Images, installations, and popups) in each application.

Guess that a seasoned reply cannot be edited... Wonder why???
    Last edited by Edward27821; 2015-09-21 at 05:27. Reason: Edit title
    E4

Cool Solution found

Not just the 193 for me.
    [BLOCKQUOTE]234607 of 374632 entries are already immunized, but 140025 are still unprotected![/BLOCKQUOTE] Flock and SeaMonkey.
    How can I locate and delete these entries?
    Run immunization then select show details.
    Unselect all except the unprotected items.
    Open the offending program (browser or client)
    Reapply immunization
    Image-1.jpg
    Image-2.jpg
    E4

Lightbulb Tangent: removing software.

When a program is uninstalled, entries are removed from the registry and a few files are deleted. Traces of the application often remain throughout the system (possibly leaving a hidden cookies file ). This is especially true with items that allow a free trial.

When removing software from your computer, it is a good idea to use an external "Power Uninstaller" tool. There are several that work quite well. Generally; any of these tools uses the program's built-in uninstaller, and then performs a power-scan for residue.
    E4

Question ODD : Can anyone explain?

Reapply immunization
    Seems ODD that other browsers must be closed for immunization to work and these 2 (SeaMonkey and Flock {maybe Opera as well}) must be open... "Go figure"...

Same issue reappears later. Strange...
    E4

Thumbs down Temporary

Reapply immunization
    Issue returns when Flock and/or SeaMonkey is closed. So this is not a real solution.

Does anyone from SpyBot monitor this forum Thread? Is there any actual support?
    E4

Hello,
    Guess that a seasoned reply cannot be edited... Wonder why???
    FAQ:
    Can I edit my own posts?

1. In the Malware Removal Forum, members may not edit their posts.
    2. In the Spybot-S&D forum and others, there is a 15 minute time frame to edit one's post. It lessens the chance of an answer referring to things the original poster has deleted.
    For anyone who is unsure, cookies can usually be handled in one's browser settings.
    For instance in Firefox> Options> Privacy. Also check> 'Tell sites I do not want to be tracked'.

I will leave a note for the team to ask if they have any further input to this thread here: Various reasons for incomplete immunization

Kind regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thumbs up Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post

I will leave a note for the team to ask if they have any further input to this thread here: Various reasons for incomplete immunization

Kind regards.
    @ tashi, You're awesome!
    E4