Thread: Spybot 2.3

Cool Spybot 2.3

I installed version 2.3 on a Windows 8.1 64bits machine: I ended up with incomplete immunization.
    Spybot cannot immunize Cookies of Opera 20.01.387.91

Further I installed the program in the German language, but not all messages are in German.

I have 2 computers in my network running Windows and two licenses to Spybot. Although the second computer was not running, spybot complained about having recognized 2 computers running Spybot and hinted to a breach of license when I tried to upgrade from Spybot 2.2 to 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by HansAnders View Post
    I installed version 2.3 on a Windows 8.1 64bits machine: I ended up with incomplete immunization.
    Spybot cannot immunize Cookies of Opera 20.01.387.91
    Immunisation works fine for me, but i dont have Opera installed.
    However i guess its again a problem of/with Opera, since we had this into the Forums before.

Further I installed the program in the German language, but not all messages are in German.
    Make sure you are running the program with sufficent Rights (rightclick->start as Adminsitartor) go to settings (if u see an prompt, answer yes) and open tab languages.
    Now select German and click APPLY and OK, close th Window and relaunch the Program to let the language-file been load fully .

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    Immunisation works fine for me, but i dont have Opera installed.
    However i guess its again a problem of/with Opera, since we had this into the Forums before.
    Spybot 2.2 on a Windows 7 machine has no problems with immunizing Opera cookies. Before upgrading the Windows 8.1 computer to Spybot 2.3, it also had no problems with Opera 20.

Make sure you are running the program with sufficent Rights (rightclick->start as Adminsitartor) go to settings (if u see an prompt, answer yes) and open tab languages. Now select German and click APPLY and OK, close the Window and relaunch the Program to let the language-file been load fully .
    That solved my problem with the German language.

A further check revealed that not all messages are now in German. I still see a lot of English messages coming around, see for example in the Startzentrale, erweiterter Modus, professionelle Werkzeuge: "available depending on license type (see edition chart)" which I interpret as English and not German.

Whereas the Windows 7 system with Spybot 2.2 had no immunizing problems with Opera 20, the system has problems with Spybot 2.3.

Further Spybot has its problems with Windows 8.1: at Internetschutz I read: Windows 8 hindert Metro Anwendungen daran auf einen lokalen Proxy Server zu zugreifen; globale Proxy Einstellungen brechen eine Internetverbindung ab. Der Spybot Proxy kann in anderen Browsern manuell eingestellt werden - verwenden Sie für Host 127.0.0.1 und für den Port 21230.

With some googling I found out that this means that Spybot has still has some issues with Windows 8.1. As I haven't installed Metro on my Windows 7 computer it has no Metro issues ...

A further check revealed that not all messages are now in German. I still see a lot of English messages coming around, see for example in the Startzentrale, erweiterter Modus, professionelle Werkzeuge: "available depending on license type (see edition chart)" which I interpret as English and not German.
    i quess u mean the "advertising-bar" below the option advanced mode ("erweiterter Modus").
    this is in english here too, i think it either have been never beeen available for tranlation or have been forgotton.
    but i would say the first option would be the one to prefer.

Further Spybot has its problems with Windows 8.1: at Internetschutz I read: Windows 8 hindert Metro Anwendungen daran auf einen lokalen Proxy Server zu zugreifen; globale Proxy Einstellungen brechen eine Internetverbindung ab. Der Spybot Proxy kann in anderen Browsern manuell eingestellt werden - verwenden Sie für Host 127.0.0.1 und für den Port 21230.
    do you mean you get the Message: "Windows 8 hindert Metro Anwendungen daran auf einen lokalen Proxy Server zu zugreifen; globale Proxy Einstellungen brechen eine Internetverbindung ab [...] even you are using Windows 7 and not Windows 8?
    If so, have you ever had installed Windows 8 (evaluation-copy or in an different partition)?

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

i quess u mean the "advertising-bar" below the option advanced mode ("erweiterter Modus").
    this is in english here too, i think it either have been never beeen available for tranlation or have been forgotton.
    but i would say the first option would be the one to prefer.
    Actually it ia ABOVE the option advanced mode.
    I have from top to bottom:
    Basiswerkzeuge
    Fortgeschrittene Werkzeuge
    Professionelle Werkzeuge, wherein it is mentioned: available dependent on license type (see edition chart)

Windows 7 and Spybot 2.2 work fine with Opera 20 and immunization.
    Windows 7 and Spybot 2.3 work with Opera 20 but fails to complete immunization of Opera cookies.
    On my Windows 7 computer I have NOT installed Metro.

do you mean you get the Message: "Windows 8 hindert Metro Anwendungen daran auf einen lokalen Proxy Server zu zugreifen; globale Proxy Einstellungen brechen eine Internetverbindung ab [...] even you are using Windows 7 and not Windows 8?
    If so, have you ever had installed Windows 8 (evaluation-copy or in an different partition)?
    That's not what I have written. With Windows 8.1 I get the error message above. On the Windows 8.1 pc, I first installed a new hard disk. Then I installed Windows 7 and upgraded it to Windows 8 and further to Windows 8.1. I have an upgrade license for Windows 8, and I had to install first Windows 8 and then to upgrade to Windows 8.1

Now it is ten days ago that the producer of SPYBOT could have responded. But no answer on this forum. A response time of 10 days: are you professional, or are you still amateur? In the latter case it is time to find a better software...

Hello HansAnders,

Your posts and those of bbnetwork been split off to a new topic as you'd originally posted in the release announcement.
    "Use this thread for general comments about this release, please open new threads if you like to discuss specific issues."

I have linked a team member to this thread.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello HansAnders,

I have linked a team member to this thread.

Best regards.
    Up to now no improvements. Still failing to immunize Opera completely.

Now we have June already and no improvement. I start wondering if really someone is looking into this.