Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Error Occured During Antivirus Updates!

Default Error when updating antivirus

Glad(?) to see I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Hope there's a fix soon. *fingers crossed*

Default Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello phurry,

A ticket has been submitted for this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards.
    It is good to se that someone listens...I just logged off of Steam and there are a lot of SB-S&D users there using anything from XP 32 to W 8.1 that are having the exact same issue.Most of the ones I talked to are frustrated immensely.

Same story here. Spybot + Antivirus 2.3 is giving me error messages with updating the anti-virus updates!
    2014-05-18_11-19-18.jpg

And I am not able to show the update log file?

2014-05-18_11-27-59.jpg

What's going on?

Default Me Too!

I am replying here because this is the exact same error message I am getting!
    I also go on Facebook a lot and adult social networking daily.

I bought my license in March 2014 just before 2.3 came out. Today I am going to try updating to the new version of Spybot.

Quote Originally Posted by rstarner View Post
    I got the following error message in my efforts to update spybot today.

[01:51.319] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
    [01:51.319] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!

This is the first time I have seen this since I purchased professional earlier this year.

I had my laptop looked at last year because I was getting a white screen, they said it was a virus and they cleaned it but apparently where I am going on the web (possibly facebook or an adult social website) may be the cause, but again I am experiencing the white screen but am not finding any viruses in my scans.

Any ideas other than to not participate in facebook or adult social website? I don't hear of anyone else experiencing this kind of issue.
    Bud

Default Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures

Quote Originally Posted by Beadbud5000 View Post
    I am replying here because this is the exact same error message I am getting!
    I also go on Facebook a lot and adult social networking daily.

I bought my license in March 2014 just before 2.3 came out. Today I am going to try updating to the new version of Spybot.
    I got this error on my registered Spybot Home Edition recently also - Last few days.

I followed the suggestion of one previous post, booted into safe mode with networking and was able to update.

Windows 7/64bit - never had a problem until a few days ago.

I also ran update again in normal mode after doing this and it also worked?

Will try it again tomorrow.

Angry Antivirus signatures fail to update!!!!! Just bought license and most unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by phurry View Post
    I just paid for a license for the Spybot + Antivirus 2.3 and installed it. Now I get "An Error Occurred During Antivirus Updates," and doing the malware updating yields a "Missing Signatures" notice that will not go away. Like tuckernut, I also cannot run a scan. I am very displeased and would like to find out how to fix this or get my license fee back.
    I also have the same problem with updating my anti malware and anti virus.
    A couple of things to note maybe. I am using windows 7, 64 bit!
    Secondly I noticed the path to the signatures is at the spybot sit are under \avb\
    Plus the files appear to be all 32bit

In spybot it mentions under the update page it states \av
    Is there a problem in the script?
    I appreciate a quick remedy to this problem or an extension on the license for the duration of the downtime.
    I am unable to check anything and I bought the license on 15th May

Need urgent support in this situation

Default Anti-Virus Update Error!

For a couple days now, when I update, I get these messages:

[00:55.120] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
    [00:55.125] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!

Though there are a number of other anti-virus updates installed...

What can be done??

Default Antivirus Update Failure

I am another with this problem.

I am running Windows 8.1 (64-bit) with Spybot+AV 2.3 Home Edition.

I can't do a System Scan, because I am missing some antivirus signatures. An update, however, fails to install these signatures.

I run Spybot with Admin privileges. The antimalware updates complete with no problems, and I can run Immunization.

The files it complains about are:

av\Plugins\7zip.xmd
    e_spyw.i00
    e_spyw.i49
    emalware.000
    emalware.594
    zoo.xmd

I look in the av\Plugins directory, and I see all of these files present, but with an *.upd" suffix (which most of the files in this directory have).

If I delete these 6 files (viz., their *.upd versions), SpyBot Update will re-download them but then fails. There is no log file I can find that mentions what the failure is.

Since there are a lot of "*.upd" files present, but no files of the same name without the "*.upd", I am assuming these "*.upd" files are in fact (all) used to update another, database(?) file, and it is this update that is failing. Possibility these 6 update files are malformed, aborting the database(?) update, and leaving SpyBot without a complete or consistent set of antivirus signatures to work with.

Like everybody else, this is a very recent occurrence with me: Up until recently SpyBot was running OK.

I look forward to a fix.

This is really unfortunate for Spybot - my purchase was more of a donation - I don’t use live protection and didn’t need another layer - I was more curious to their approach behind the paywall competing with the established brands - bought it on May 2nd and it surprised me how it didn’t get in the way with my other two products and didn’t impair computer speed - however on May 3rd it started with “Your Signatures have not been updated in 4 days” - even though it showed that the update had been installed - then the “An error occurred during antivirus update” so I was only able to use it for one day - now the floodgates are opening - an announcement right about now would restore some confidence to end user - might be a good idea to uninstall and wait until issues have been resolved - too bad - I want them to succeed against the big boys.
    Last edited by behringer; 2014-05-19 at 00:22.

Me too...

I bought the Home version of Spybot right after I bought the computer 4/8/14. I've used the free version for 10 years and donated a number of times. I have to note that this is the very 1st time I've had any negative issue with Spybot.

I have Win 8.1-64bit. The header on the Start Center says "Spybot - Search & Destroy + AV 2.2; and the "Home Version" link on the Start Center page opens a window which says I have 2.1. I didn't know about 2.3 until I came to the Support page looking for info about this problem. I don't even know how to go about upgrading my 2.1/2.2 to 2.3 without purchasing a new subscription just over a month after buying 2.1.

But to inject a note which has not been mentioned previously in this discussion and perhaps my mention might assist in finding and dealing with the source of the problem...At the upper right corner of the Start Center page, it tells me "Live Protection is on", "Internet Protection is Full", and that "This software is being updated". The last sentence it has been saying since shortly after I logged into Spybot this morning. It initially said that an update was needed, although I can't recall the precise wording of that message. I clicked on the update button at that time and it immediately began the update process. I have gotten the same message as others and have tried to find specifics of what did not install and why. But find no info beyond that message posted by others. I tried several times to re-update with the same repeated result.
    DustyMojave

10 years of appreciating what SpyBot does for us