Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Error Occured During Antivirus Updates!

Exclamation An Error Occured During Antivirus Updates!

Ok... I own home edition.

Haven't had any issues until today when I attempted to update.

Get the message "An Error Occured During Antivirus Updates"

What's up with that??????

I am having the same problem with Pro2.3 and because of it, I cannot do a scan!
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeoliver84 View Post
    Ok... I own home edition.

Haven't had any issues until today when I attempted to update.

Get the message "An Error Occured During Antivirus Updates"

What's up with that??????

Default Same Here

I just paid for a license for the Spybot + Antivirus 2.3 and installed it. Now I get "An Error Occurred During Antivirus Updates," and doing the malware updating yields a "Missing Signatures" notice that will not go away. Like tuckernut, I also cannot run a scan. I am very displeased and would like to find out how to fix this or get my license fee back.
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-05-16 at 19:38. Reason: Removed email address in username

Hello phurry,

A ticket has been submitted for this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by phurry View Post
    I just paid for a license for the Spybot + Antivirus 2.3 and installed it. Now I get "An Error Occurred During Antivirus Updates," and doing the malware updating yields a "Missing Signatures" notice that will not go away. Like tuckernut, I also cannot run a scan. I am very displeased and would like to find out how to fix this or get my license fee back.
    Same here, is there way to bypass, I had go back to free version to my scans. I want to get the automatic Updates and scans

Default Failed to install Spybot Antivirus signatures

I got the following error message in my efforts to update spybot today.

[01:51.319] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
    [01:51.319] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!

This is the first time I have seen this since I purchased professional earlier this year.

I had my laptop looked at last year because I was getting a white screen, they said it was a virus and they cleaned it but apparently where I am going on the web (possibly facebook or an adult social website) may be the cause, but again I am experiencing the white screen but am not finding any viruses in my scans.

Any ideas other than to not participate in facebook or adult social website? I don't hear of anyone else experiencing this kind of issue.

Default Left in the lurch

Quote Originally Posted by phurry View Post
    You're not alone. I ran into the same problem an hour after purchasing a licence for the professional version and its a bit thick for a product which claims to be that nifty. What's the good of it if we can't update the anti-virus signature? Spybot needs to put up a solution to this quick so we don't spend more time yammering about this here. I am a very unhappy chap

Same problem here with mine. First time I've bought Spybot (I wanted to get the antivirus) and now it won't update. It seems they're working on it, but I hope they get it fixed soon.

Default Same problem with +AV Pro 2.3 - no updates or scans possible - NOT good !

I also upgraded from the +AV Pro 2.2 to 2.3 and immediately was unable to retrieve updates and cannot even scan. I get the same error messages about the antivirus signatures not installing and an error message about missing database files when attempting a scan. The update log is showing no updates needed but the software interface is showing red flag warnings. Manual updates and boot CD haven't helped. Very dangerous situation. May have to go back to earlier version to access updates.

Default Same failure with 2.2 so do not bother going back

I have the same problem with version 2.2 so there is no point in going back to the old version