Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Error Occured During Antivirus Updates!

Default +AV Pro 2.3 updates & scans working for me again. Yeah!

I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit on a new ASUS machine. I didn't dare to reboot into safe mode as another user did, since I don't know all the line commands and get lost easily in there. I did leave my 2.2 boot disc in the machine overnight and on start up and an update attempt this morning I got a message that bdcore.dll was "scheduled for update on reboot". I rebooted my system and updates and scans went through fine. I just restarted or rebooted from shut down after each major update and/or scan. I still have not found the bdcore.dll file update without a signature problem, but everything else seems fine. After updating there were several quarantined apps and such that I've never seen before, so I purged them from quarantine. I can always reload apps. My windows settings seem to have been mostly unaffected. Must have been a software glitch. Spybot's internet protection seems to have protected the PC pretty well during the interim.

I also had error messages regarding these files which prevented scans and updates, but seem to be resolved now:

av\Plugins\7zip.xmd
    e_spyw.i00
    e_spyw.i49
    emalware.000
    emalware.594
    zoo.xmd

This is the first and most relevant new entry in my update log file this morning:

SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:19] [+] bdcore.dll (version 11.0.1.6) needs to be updated (to version 11.0.1.12).
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:19] [.] Downloading updates...
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:19] [+] File "bdcore.dll" needs to be downloaded.
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:19] [+] Downloaded archive "bdcore.dll-11.0.1.12.lzs" from http://imp.betanews.com/updates/spybot2/.
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:20] [+] Extracted "bdcore.dll-11.0.1.12.lzs"!
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:20] [-] Error copying "bdcore.dll"!
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:20] [+] Scheduled "bdcore.dll" for replacement on reboot.
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:20] [+] All files have been processed.

Hope this helps. Don't despair - software is tricky.
    Last edited by highwaterz2; 2014-05-19 at 16:47.

Unhappy looks like same error with free edition

this is what I get in the details part of update

av\bdcore.dll 11.0.1.6 11.0.1.12 5/19/2014 BitDefender SRL

with a 'no' or 'wrong' symbol before the BitDefender SRL. Since almost everything is signed by Safer-Networking, this looks peculiar right off the bat. My guess (hope) is that it is a temporary glitch that will be fixed shortly, esp. since the complaints only began this morning.

Let us know when fixed?

Cool BitDefender dll signature

I think the av/bdcore.dll might be a problem. It does seem suspicious. On reboot, I found that Spybot +AV 2.3 start center would not open. I found my SDUpdate.exe file with file explorer in C:...\programs\Spybot (program folder) and started it from there. Was able to update spyware and antivirus definitions. Then another restart. Then -after unplugging my wireless gateway and peripherals for a few minutes and reconnecting them- another cold reboot with my 2.2 bootCD in the drive- I found no conflicts, nothing suspicious in the update log file or quarantine and no .dll file errors. That seems to have done it for me.

Now SPybotis saying that "An Error occured[sic] in updating Antispyware". I don't find any error specified. Is the problem spreading?
    DustyMojave

10 years of appreciating what SpyBot does for us

I am still, have problems

Talking Antivirus Update Succeeded

Everybody: Try an update now.

I was getting the same problem (see my post earlier down this thread).

However, the update just worked for me: I got all my antivirus definitions to complete and am now running a system scan!

It is 10:18 PM CST, Monday, May 19'th.

Still having trouble this AM.

DustyMojave

10 years of appreciating what SpyBot does for us

Default Have the exact same problem as you describe. Had it for a couple weeks now

Quote Originally Posted by rstarner View Post
    I got the following error message in my efforts to update spybot today.

[01:51.319] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
    [01:51.319] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!

This is the first time I have seen this since I purchased professional earlier this year.

I had my laptop looked at last year because I was getting a white screen, they said it was a virus and they cleaned it but apparently where I am going on the web (possibly facebook or an adult social website) may be the cause, but again I am experiencing the white screen but am not finding any viruses in my scans.

Any ideas other than to not participate in facebook or adult social website? I don't hear of anyone else experiencing this kind of issue.
    Hi - I have the same problem - couple weeks with the same exact wording described by you

Default can't updat either

Quote Originally Posted by musicmd View Post
    Same problem here with mine. First time I've bought Spybot (I wanted to get the antivirus) and now it won't update. It seems they're working on it, but I hope they get it fixed soon.
    I can't update either.

As of yesterday spybot has returned to its former self - post #19 describes my experiences with problems encountered - all is good now - having problem uploading images though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by behringer; 2014-05-21 at 21:45.