Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: An Error Occured During Antivirus Updates!

Smile Fixed the Antivirus Update Issue

I managed to fix the update issue on my laptop by renaming bdcore.dll file to bdcore_old.dll, I then performed an update and this time it was succeeded, the update also pulled down a new bdcore.dll file.

File location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\av

It does look like the original bdcore.dll was corrupt and was preventing the antivirus updates from working.

Thanks,
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Higgsie47 View Post
    I managed to fix the update issue on my laptop by renaming bdcore.dll file to bdcore_old.dll, I then performed an update and this time it was succeeded, the update also pulled down a new bdcore.dll file.

File location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\av

It does look like the original bdcore.dll was corrupt and was preventing the antivirus updates from working.

Thanks,
    Martyn
    Thanks for the tip!
    Just bought the pro version, didn't get it to work due to the faults with the bdcore.dll - renamed it to bdcore_old.dll & let the S&D do the rest!

Cheers!

Default Error message

I updated to the Home version from the free version and now I keep getting a message
    BitDefender threat scanner
    A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. a file containing error information has been created at
    C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender threat scanner.dmp
    This error message will not go away - I cannot remove it from my desktop
    To say I am annoyed is putting it mildly - I paid for an updated version and now I get this which is mucking up my computer.
    Any ideas about getting rid of this and what the problem is?

Angry When, exactly, will this be fixed?

Let me add my name to the growing list of people who are unhappy. I've just paid for and installed Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.3.39.0, but it won't install apparently-needed antivirus signature updates:

[00:00.000] [i] Update started...
    [00:14.891] [+] Installing antivirus signature updates...
    [00:16.125] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
    [00:16.125] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
    The missing signatures:

av\Plugins\7zip.xmd
    av\Plugins\e_spyw.i00
    av\Plugins\e_spyw.i49
    av\Plugins\emalware.000
    av\Plugins\emalware.594
    av\Plugins\zoo.xmd
    As if that's not enough, this utility refuses to run a scan! When, exactly, will these unacceptable failures be fixed? Silence by Safer-Networking Ltd. is definitely not golden in this case. Communicate with the paying (and non-paying) customers, please!

Beauty is the purgation of superfluities. - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

You could go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2(or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 if you have a 32-bit operating system),and see if spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe was downloaded yet.If it was,try running it.

Please see here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ht=#post453671
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah
    Please try the following:

Those who still find this line in ther antiviraus updates:
    [00:09.298] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
    Please look for a spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe in your Spybot folder and execute it.

Unhappy Bought recently licence for Spybot + AV 2.3 -> same error messages like anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Kane142 View Post
    I am another with this problem.

I am running Windows 8.1 (64-bit) with Spybot+AV 2.3 Home Edition.

I can't do a System Scan, because I am missing some antivirus signatures. An update, however, fails to install these signatures.

I run Spybot with Admin privileges. The antimalware updates complete with no problems, and I can run Immunization.

The files it complains about are:

av\Plugins\7zip.xmd
    e_spyw.i00
    e_spyw.i49
    emalware.000
    emalware.594
    zoo.xmd

I look in the av\Plugins directory, and I see all of these files present, but with an *.upd" suffix (which most of the files in this directory have).

If I delete these 6 files (viz., their *.upd versions), SpyBot Update will re-download them but then fails. There is no log file I can find that mentions what the failure is.

Since there are a lot of "*.upd" files present, but no files of the same name without the "*.upd", I am assuming these "*.upd" files are in fact (all) used to update another, database(?) file, and it is this update that is failing. Possibility these 6 update files are malformed, aborting the database(?) update, and leaving SpyBot without a complete or consistent set of antivirus signatures to work with.

Like everybody else, this is a very recent occurrence with me: Up until recently SpyBot was running OK.

I look forward to a fix.
    and now? the larch? I tried for several days now to update. no probs with antimalware and immunization. but the AV-updates won't work - they were downloaded but not installed. and I cannot find any post how to get around this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You could go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2(or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 if you have a 32-bit operating system),and see if spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe was downloaded yet.If it was,try running it.

Please see here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ht=#post453671
    AH! Should have read the last post before posting myself! --- and I had to do some cut and paste in my folder architecture .... that was a little bit crazy ... now all's fine. SPYBOT WORKING!

Smile Ta da!

Thank you, Zenobia, for your advice! As it happens, I'd already read and followed Higgsie47's advice from last month (which I should have seen in the first place) and--Presto!--all's well once more in SpybotLand. I shall remember both methods of solution, should this particular anomaly raise its ugly head in future.

Beauty is the purgation of superfluities. - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

Good,glad it's working,Flyvapnet and Wolf76.