Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a license in March. Should I go to 2.3?

Default Licensing issues - Free version

I finally got an email from a support person. I had uninstalled the version I was have no luck with because my version of Malwarebytes stopped loading or working at all.

The system rejects any free license because it sees the one that had the problem before. I am not sure why. Paypal refunded the May 2014 one so that is no good. But they did not refund the March 22 2014 one so that licenses is stilll good.
    But it should not matter because a new free version license should override it. it does not.
    Any ideas? I wrote and explained the whole paypal and license deal. I am Waiting to hear back.

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I mentioned my own experiences upgrading from version to version in my previous post.If you weren't sure on it,or needed further instructions,just ask.

If you get a reply back from them via email,you could try emailing back,tell them what happened,and see what they say.That's what I'd probably do.Good luck with everything.
    Bud

Just keep working with your support person by email.

they are unresponsive. All they have to do is reject the March license and approve the free license or take the "problem with current license whammy off". This is beyond absurd
    Bud

You'll have to work with your Spybot support person,since it's a license issue.I can't help you with it.They have to handle anything to do with that.
    Make sure you have told them everything.You could even include links to your posts on here,if you would like to,to be sure they know everything they need to know.

The free version has no license file. If you want to delete the license files of a previous version, they are located in the installation folder. By default this is <Programfiles>\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2. There are two files called license.key and license.txt. If you delete these, you have a Free Edition.
    (m/f)

Beadbud5000 told me he bought Spybot Pro in March of this year,then he was uncertain if he upgraded to Spybot 2.3 if he'd still have the antivirus part,so he bought again in May.His post is here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...l=1#post453114

Then he started getting this in his logfile in June:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...l=1#post453597
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-06-04 08:59:19] [-] Licence issues prevented updates. Please contact Spybot support to quickly solve this issue.
    I was wondering if he installed the March license files,and then had the May license files still in his Spybot folder,if that might have caused the license issues that is preventing him being able to get updates?

Default Free Version Locked up

The problem now is that the license issue is just completely mucking up system. Spybot will not run, free or otherwise, Malwarebytes (paid version) will not open or run. They're support is equally inept now!!!!
    Bud

Default To Update

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f) View Post
    The free version has no license file. If you want to delete the license files of a previous version, they are located in the installation folder. By default this is <Programfiles>\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2. There are two files called license.key and license.txt. If you delete these, you have a Free Edition.
    The free version says the conflict exist. Are you denying my March 22 paypal payment? That is what I need to know because that is just throwing my 15.99 away! Let us make that perfectly clear...
    Bud

Default Never Resolved

Spybot still finds a conflict with a license even though it was deleted several times over. Malwarebytes was also removed and refunded from my system but now no antimalware system will run.
    Bud

I should mind my own beeswax,but.......

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f)
    That should fix the problem with the license file,giving you the free edition.

I'm unclear about why you are trying to run the free edition,though.This kind of seems like you'd prefer the home or pro edition you had:
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadbud5000
    The free version says the conflict exist. Are you denying my March 22 paypal payment? That is what I need to know because that is just throwing my 15.99 away! Let us make that perfectly clear...
    If you'd prefer that one,then are you still in contact with Spybot support by email?
    I'm also confused about what you mean when you say you have the free version.When you open Spybot start center,does it say Free Edition under the Spybot magnifying glass icon?