Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a license in March. Should I go to 2.3?

Default Just bought a license in March. Should I go to 2.3?

I just bought my license in March 2014. I am afraid to update to 2.3 fear that it will wipe my license out.
    Also I am having problems with the antivirus not being about to update.

Please advise!
    Bud

Every time I've gone to a newer version,my license stays in place,as long as I don't delete the Spybot Search & Destroy 2 folder in Program Files manually.

As for the antivirus updates,I was having problems like a lot of other people,but I was having internet problems as well.Once that was all fixed up,I've downloaded the antivirus updates with no problems.So I guess my updating problems were not the same as others are having,so I can't really be helpful with that,unfortunately. :(
    If you're getting 'An error ocurred during antivirus updates',a few people have posted about it here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ivirus-Updates!
    You could watch that thread and watch for any new developments on it.

Thanks for your reply.
    I have started two things. I replied to a thread that had the exact error message when trying to update the antivirus and
    two, I sent a ticket into the spybot team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Every time I've gone to a newer version,my license stays in place,as long as I don't delete the Spybot Search & Destroy 2 folder in Program Files manually.

As for the antivirus updates,I was having problems like a lot of other people,but I was having internet problems as well.Once that was all fixed up,I've downloaded the antivirus updates with no problems.So I guess my updating problems were not the same as others are having,so I can't really be helpful with that,unfortunately. :(
    If you're getting 'An error ocurred during antivirus updates',a few people have posted about it here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ivirus-Updates!
    You could watch that thread and watch for any new developments on it.
    Bud

Oh,good.
    You're welcome.

Exclamation Problem Doubled this morning

Hi

My problem doubled this morning. Now, "An Error Occurred during antispyware update" as well as, "An error occurred during Antivirus updates".

Also I am stuck in running 2.2
    Bud

Probably best for you to wait for the reply from support after you sent in your ticket.to avoid confusion.
    I'm not exactly sure how email support goes,I've never used it,but I assume after you get a reply,you can reply back and tell them you're having further problems.

Default Couldn't wait

I had banking to handle today so I could not wait for them.
    It cost me a full renew price so 25.99.
    They claim they gave me an extra month. Does not look that way to me but the upgrade to 2.3 and the like took care of my problems with updating.

Ultimately, MS systems are problematic in my opinion. I do not know UNIX yet.
    They could give me a partial refund on the spybot upgrade because I had just started with professional in March 2014. I paid via paypal. Well it is working now
    Bud

As far as I'm aware,when you upgrade to a higher version,it doesn't cost anything,as long as it's the same edition.
    So,if you had Spybot Professional 2.2,then upgrade to Spybot Professional 2.3,there is no charge,the license you had would still be good for the 2.3 Professional version until the expiry date(365 days,or however long the license you purchased was for),so you ought not to have paid again,unless you were in contact with them and they said different.

However,the last time I looked it up for somebody on here,they have a "No refund policy."It's on this page:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/terms-and-conditions/

But my comments are from one Spybot user to another,they're in no way official.Anything about pricing or policies,or refunds or the like has to be handled by one of the Spybot team.So,if you would like,discuss it with them when you get a reply email from support.

Default They Never Replied

As the title mentions, they never replied to my inquiry. Was way would you have used to update simply from 2.2 to 2.3? That information was not clear to me and I was getting into financial exchanges with companies. I needed a secure system at the time.

That is kind of cold and callous for a business to take. In the past, I have referred spy-bot to friends and family. I may stop that practice now.

The only option that I saw was that I could have done that was the update spybot only. It was not clear to me that the antivirus aspect would not just disappear. This information was not in the instructions.

Thanks for your reply though!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    As far as I'm aware,when you upgrade to a higher version,it doesn't cost anything,as long as it's the same edition.
    So,if you had Spybot Professional 2.2,then upgrade to Spybot Professional 2.3,there is no charge,the license you had would still be good for the 2.3 Professional version until the expiry date(365 days,or however long the license you purchased was for),so you ought not to have paid again,unless you were in contact with them and they said different.

However,the last time I looked it up for somebody on here,they have a "No refund policy."It's on this page:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/terms-and-conditions/

But my comments are from one Spybot user to another,they're in no way official.Anything about pricing or policies,or refunds or the like has to be handled by one of the Spybot team.So,if you would like,discuss it with them when you get a reply email from support.
    Bud

I mentioned my own experiences upgrading from version to version in my previous post.If you weren't sure on it,or needed further instructions,just ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia
    If you get a reply back from them via email,you could try emailing back,tell them what happened,and see what they say.That's what I'd probably do.Good luck with everything.