Thread: Just bought a license in March. Should I go to 2.3?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Just bought a license in March. Should I go to 2.3?

I just bought my license in March 2014. I am afraid to update to 2.3 fear that it will wipe my license out.
    Also I am having problems with the antivirus not being about to update.

Please advise!
    Bud

Every time I've gone to a newer version,my license stays in place,as long as I don't delete the Spybot Search & Destroy 2 folder in Program Files manually.

As for the antivirus updates,I was having problems like a lot of other people,but I was having internet problems as well.Once that was all fixed up,I've downloaded the antivirus updates with no problems.So I guess my updating problems were not the same as others are having,so I can't really be helpful with that,unfortunately. :(
    If you're getting 'An error ocurred during antivirus updates',a few people have posted about it here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ivirus-Updates!
    You could watch that thread and watch for any new developments on it.

Thanks for your reply.
    I have started two things. I replied to a thread that had the exact error message when trying to update the antivirus and
    two, I sent a ticket into the spybot team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Every time I've gone to a newer version,my license stays in place,as long as I don't delete the Spybot Search & Destroy 2 folder in Program Files manually.

As for the antivirus updates,I was having problems like a lot of other people,but I was having internet problems as well.Once that was all fixed up,I've downloaded the antivirus updates with no problems.So I guess my updating problems were not the same as others are having,so I can't really be helpful with that,unfortunately. :(
    If you're getting 'An error ocurred during antivirus updates',a few people have posted about it here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ivirus-Updates!
    You could watch that thread and watch for any new developments on it.
    Bud

Oh,good.
    You're welcome.

Exclamation Problem Doubled this morning

Hi

My problem doubled this morning. Now, "An Error Occurred during antispyware update" as well as, "An error occurred during Antivirus updates".

Also I am stuck in running 2.2
    Bud

Probably best for you to wait for the reply from support after you sent in your ticket.to avoid confusion.
    I'm not exactly sure how email support goes,I've never used it,but I assume after you get a reply,you can reply back and tell them you're having further problems.