Thread: how do i install license??

Default how do i install license??

i just purchased my yearly renewal of spybot and downloaded the installer. Now how the heck do i install it? It will not open and spyboy will not work!! This is a frustrating time consuming thing, making me think twice about using this product.

here is a screenshot of my spybot, and this is all i get
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMan228 View Post
    i just purchased my yearly renewal of spybot and downloaded the installer. Now how the heck do i install it?
    Normally you just have to start the small license installer you get when you renew your license.

It will not open
    The license installer (spybot2-license.exe with about 548KB file size) will not open? What happens instead? How do you try to open it?

daemon

Hey daemon,

The installer I downloaded when i purchased the renewal, as well as the installer provided in my email from Safer networking is a PHP file and does nothing. I can open it with word pad and it is full of Chinese style writing. Pls see screenshots. Also as I reported above my Spybot is useless and will not work
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MetalMan228; 2014-05-19 at 12:39.

Hello MetalMan228,

looks like your web browser configuration is somewhat broken and thus the downloaded file does not get its proper name. As I cannot easily debug your web browser from here, I just sent you your license installer via email once more.

I hope this helps resolving the problem!

daemon

While I am not sure what you mean by "web browser configuration is somewhat broken" the attachment worked perfect Thanks for the quick reply as i don't like not having my Spybot working.

Default spybot licence installer not working

i just purchased my yearly renewal of spybot and downloaded the installer. Now how the heck do i install it? It will not open and spyboy will not work!! This is a frustrating time consuming thing, making me think twice about using this product.
    This happened to me aswell mate. It has happened with other programs aswell. Usually the cause is that the program is automatically blocked in its package, before you try to install it. The solution is to go to downloads and then right click on the spybot download. After that, click on properties, usually at the bottom of the small window that appears, and then click on General. At the bottom of the General section you should see the option to unblock. Once you click on unblock, the program should run without problems. In saying that, I am using windows Vista, it might be a little different on other operating systems. (Your browser is just dandy though, nothing wrong with it, hahaha).