Thread: FALSE POSITIVE .BB files marked as belonging to BDE Projector

Question FALSE POSITIVE .BB files marked as belonging to BDE Projector

This is a false positive on my computers. Files that have the .BB type suffix belong to Blitz Research LTD of New Zealand NOT "BDE Projector". If you do a search for Blitz Research on the web you will see the totally legitimate website which has been in existence as far back as 2001. The programming languages "Blitz 3D" and "Blitz Basic" create uncompiled files for programming in these two versions of Mark Sibley's excellent enhanced 'Basic' languages. The editing files have the suffix .BB and the backup editing files have the suffix BB_BAK followed by a number. When compiled they create .EXE files that run without the editor. Blitz 3D is a three-dimensional and two-dimensional game and application creation program. Blitz Basic is the older two-dimensional game and application creation program. "Blitz Basic" is free now and is a excellent beginners programming language with great graphics and sprite enhancements.

I am not sure how Spybot deals with files- if it only looks at the extensions or if it takes a peek into the file structure. If it can look into the file structure it should be able to distinguish the file header setup, that might determine that these .BB files are not spy or virus ware.

I like the older Spybot program- I have used it and contributed donations multiple times over the years since the 1990's. This new "free" version is ok, I still like the older program because I don't feel pressured to donate- The donations I have made--- approx. $100 US over the years, are because I am grateful for the excellent job the program has done for protecting my computers over time. Spybot is an amazing piece of code.....thank you!

Default forgot one thing

I forgot one thing- it might be the ".B3D" files that it is detecting.......".B3d" files are the Blitz Research file extension for their version of 3D model files that supports skeleton joints and bones for the animations you assign. It is a format that works with their lighting mapped texture files . You save the model and the textures in the same folder to load into Blitz 3D programs.