Hi all !
I belong to the 17% of all Win XP users on the planet who decided to migrate to Linux shortly before April 8 '14 hit.
Specifically I went to to Trusty Tahr (Ubuntu 14.04).
However I want to retain Win XP and be able to run it, although not to surf or to unload email. Therein lies the pbm.

I have had my share of viruses, rootkit and spyware. I know that absolute protection does not exist short of living in a bubble.
So I am concerned about using Lx and getting hit by a Win XP exploit while in Lx.

Because I intend to share all my files in /home (D:\) between Lx and Win XP, I guess that what could happen is that an infected file could perfectly go undetected and have no adverse effect while running Lx and makes its way on a volume that would then be a ticking bomb waiting for the Win XP OS to trigger it on its next boot.
So I want to protect my system under Lx as if it were a Win XP boot (I mean with the same efficacy on its part and administrative overhead on my part) hoping that overall I will be saving time and aggravation.

What would you recommend for a free client firewall and free client AV under Desktop-Lx ?
The requirement for the AV is that should actually carry malware libraries with at least daily updates and website black lists equivalent to products running under a Win OS
- Firewall: ufw ? anything else ?
- Free AV: Clam Free ? Comodo Free ?
Anything else that will block not only relatively rare (for now) Lx exploits but also Win exploits under Lx ?

Cheers.