Thread: spybot not working!!!

Default spybot not working!!!

Ok, I dont want the anti virus part of this program. I dont want to be here posting stuff to get my program i paid for working.. the spybot will not scan because (??) the antivirus is not updated. Please return my spoybot to an earlier form... Or refund my money so i can get another spyware software ASAP!! I will not do another post to get it working other than contacting customer service for a refund.. I see LOTS of antivirus postings here in the forum. Very bad of safer networking!!

Last edited by tashi; 2014-05-21 at 15:34. Reason: Added links to other topics

Default spybot screwing up my computer!!

With spybot now working correctly I cannot get my browsers to work, It says that it is trying to connect to some proxy server!! WTF!!! I cannot belive the problems with this program!!! I had to remove spy bot to access the internet!! Why is this happening and how do i fix it??? I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!

If the Spybot proxy was enabled,that may have been why you couldn't connect to the internet.If you wish to reinstall,and find you can't connect to the internet after that,open Spybot S&D start center,checkmark Use Advanced Mode,click Settings(say yes to the UAC prompt,if applicable),click the Internet Protection tab,and then make sure Use Spybot Proxy is unchecked,click Apply and OK.
    After that exits,then please click Update,and click the Update button at the top.

got a similar problem. Have version 2.3, renewed my license (home version this time)

couldn't start a systemscan, cause i had 3 files missing (7zip.xmd, e_spyw.i00 and e_spyw.i49)

antispyware updated successfully, antivir didn't because of a missing library. Still, unable to do a systemscan

so, uninstalled, cleaned, rebooted, install (without antivir part because i have NOD32), install license, reboot, updated, try to start a systemscan.....same probs

i presume a bug?

also filed in [Ticket#2014052813001094]