Thread: Protect file quantities not increasing

Default Protect file quantities not increasing

Spy-Bot Screen capture 5-22-2014.jpgFor the past couple of months the number of protected files displayed following updates and immunization has not changed. It has remained at 15492. But, the data summary at the upper right of the update screen says there are 188799 protected files. In the past, when I performed an update the immunization process would show, initially, some unprotected file numbers, which would then transition to the protected column as the system performed the immunization. Why doesn't the immunization quantity go up any more, and why doesn't the immunization protected quantity match the upper right quantity? Is my computer not accepting updates properly, or not immunizing properly? A screen capture of my current status is attached.

Please see here,this was from April 24 of last month:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...rotected-Items

The 15492 number you're seeing beside some of the entries is for each individual immunization.
    There are 15492 entries in the hosts file.
    There are 15492 popups blocked in Firefox,and so on.
    The total you see at the top is the total protected items,added all together,to get 188799.

There are also sometimes entries removed from immunization,and then new ones added,so it might coincidentally appear that there have been no updates to immunization when viewing the numbers sometimes,also.
    (The reason why some immunization is removed is shown in the Spybot help file,so I'll quote it here.)
    Immunization performance
    The bigger the lists of items to block are, the more computing power is needed. To ensure optimum performance we constantly monitor the Internet and remove inactive domains from our lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Please see here,this was from April 24 of last month:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...rotected-Items

The 15492 number you're seeing beside some of the entries is for each individual immunization.
    There are 15492 entries in the hosts file.
    There are 15492 popups blocked in Firefox,and so on.
    The total you see at the top is the total protected items,added all together,to get 188799.

There are also sometimes entries removed from immunization,and then new ones added,so it might coincidentally appear that there have been no updates to immunization when viewing the numbers sometimes,also.
    (The reason why some immunization is removed is shown in the Spybot help file,so I'll quote it here.)
    It seems odd that there have been no changes to the total entries/popups in the past several weeks (probably months), but if this is what it is supposed to reflect I guess I'll just accept that. Thanks.

You're welcome.