Thread: Spybot removes passwords

Default Spybot removes passwords

I am anxious to download the latest version of Spybot - 2.3. But I am concerned that when I use it, it will remove all my passwords as has happened previously. How do I set up 2.3 so that it does not remove my passwords when I scan? In answering me, please note I am elderly with limited computer knowledge so please an easy description.
    I would be so grateful for your help. When you answer can you pleas send me an email to ... If I have to come back to the forums to find a reply, I may never be able to get back to the right spot. My computer knowledge is that bad.
    Thank you so much for your help.
    Anthony
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-06-05 at 06:07. Reason: Removed email address

Hello.

After you download Spybot 2.3,you could set it to ignore cookies.That should leave your passwords in place.
    Open Spybot Start Center,place a checkmark in Advanced User Mode,click Settings(if you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7,say yes to the prompt from User Account Control.),click the Ignore List tab,click the Add...button,and in the space at the top,type in Cookie,then select Cookie below,press Ok,and after you see Cookie added to the Ignore List,press Apply and Ok.

You shouldn't leave your email address on a public forum,you might get spam that way,actually.
    I'll ask tashi if she'll remove it for you.

Default Thank you

Thank you for your advice on how to keep my passwords when I scan. I appreciate your help enormously. I have just made a small donation via PayPal in appreciation. Would like to make it higher but not possible. Hope you understand. Best wishes.
    Last edited by avwood; 2014-06-07 at 08:02.

You're welcome.