Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sbNet Errors in Event Viewer - revisit

Default sbNet Errors in Event Viewer - revisit

Still getting these errors.
    1. Does anyone else see this?
    2. Does SNL have any comments?

Have reset preferences, done a complete (clean) reinstall, and searched the web, but found nothing that helped.

[Previous post:
    Every time the SBS&D services start, 3 errors appear in the Aplication Event Viewer - 2 from the Scanner Service and 1 from the Update Service. The 3 messages are identical except that the port number varies.

The description for Event ID ( 100 ) in Source ( sbNet ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Source: 127.0.0.1
    URI:

WinXP/Home/SP3, Spybot 2.3 Free, NO network, NO server, NO business association. Did not happen on SB1.6 or 2.2. ]

I remember your last post,but didn't answer because everything I found all kind of lead me to nowhere particularly helpful in a solution for you.
    For what it is worth,I'll tell you where I got to.

I'm not sure why you have the sbNet source in Event Viewer,since that's part of corporate Spybot,so I'm unsure why you're seeing it:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/business/sbnet/

On my XP computer,I didn't have the same errors you did,but I did find one in the event viewer for (gupdate),though I didn't get into looking into how come(I don't use that computer,but wanted something similar to what you saw in event viewer.)In my case,it wasn't an error,it was listed as information.

I do have Event ID ( 100 ) listed in Event Viewer under the Spybot section,but I don't get the same /AUXSOURCE= flag message you do.Mine is telling me about file scanner or that various parts of Spybot are selected to be compressed(that's from memory,but I believe that is correct).

This is the Microsoft article about the /AUXSOURCE= flag,which you should not need to do,due to:
    WinXP/Home/SP3, Spybot 2.3 Free, NO network, NO server,
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312216

I did find an article by something called Event Sentry,explaining some other reasons why the "The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description;" sometimes appears in Event Viewer:
    http://www.eventsentry.com/blog/2008...es-the-de.html
    That's a bit difficult,though,so I'm not suggesting you dig into your registry when following the article or anything.But I'll post it as a general info kind of thing.

Definitely not conclusive,but maybe something in all that will help a little.

There's also a Free Edition support form available where you can ask about it,since there wasn't a fix posted here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/support/
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2014-06-05 at 21:56.

Thank you, Zenobia. You put in a lot of effort. I will likely try the support form

You're welcome,good luck,I hope it's resolved.

Default Correction

Zenobia, you are correct - the messages I see are classified as Information, not Errors. But obviously some thing is wrong because they mention sbNet. I have included the correct information in the Free Edition support form I just submitted.

Thinking back on it,I looked all through my Event Viewer at the time you posted the first time,and didn't see sbNet in Event Viewer anywhere,but then again,I had the Spybot 2.3 beta on there,then moved back to Spybot 2.0 shortly after(I was helping somebody on here with XP and Spybot 2.0,I think.),so perhaps the beta didn't show sbNet in my Event Viewer,but the final release did,which I did not have for long before going back to 2.0,or some sort of mix up thereafter.
    So,I wouldn't worry too much,perhaps this is something that shows in Event Viewer on Windows XP that wasn't known before,or something like that,or perhaps Spybot support already knows about it and can tell you about it.

Thank you, Zenobia - good to know it's not just me! Have not received a response to the support form I submitted.

Check your spam folder,to make sure a reply didn't accidentally go there.
    If not in your spam folder,I would imagine they have a large amount of emails to answer,so it might be taking awhile for a reply.

Default Any news here? In 2021 I'm getting same info messages logged on W8.1, SB ver 2.8

Hi, any new here? We are now in 2021, and I am getting same info messages logged in EVT log on W8.1, SB ver 2.8.

This is the standard Microsoft gobbledygook for missing event messages on the event log,
    plus the original message from sbNet: "Listening on port 21327"

(italian language original Event log message)
    Livello Data e ora Origine ID evento Categoria attivitā
    Informazioni 12/06/2021 18:45:19 sbNet 100 (2)
    "Impossibile trovare la descrizione per l'ID evento 100 dall'origine sbNet. Il componente che ha generato l'evento non č installato nel computer locale oppure l'installazione č danneggiata. Č possibile installare o ripristinare il componente nel computer locale.

Se l'evento ha avuto origine in un altro computer, le informazioni per la visualizzazione sono state salvate con l'evento.

Con l'evento sono state salvate le informazioni seguenti:

Source: 127.0.0.1
    URI:
    "
    (english translation [my, approximated!] of original message)
    Level Date and time Source Event ID Activity category
    Information 12/06/2021 18:45:19 sbNet 100 (2)
    "Impossible to find description for Event ID 100 from origin sbNet. The component that sourced the event is not installed in local computer or the installation is damaged. It is possible to install or restore the component in local computer.

If the event has originated into another computer, the informations for visualizations are saved with the event.

With the event the following infos were saved:

Source: 127.0.0.1
    URI:
    "
    Last edited by AlbertoP64It; 2021-08-04 at 16:18. Reason: formatting

Default Missing event log message for sbNet errors - some explanation from another site

Hi, I add to my previous reply above.

Those guys at Event Sentry seems to have some hint about missing messages on the event log, but I dunno how I can cure this for Spybot message, not knowing which will need to be the Event Source and the files missing:
    https://www.eventsentry.com/blog/200...es-the-de.html

Maybe one of the guys here can help me repair at least the message missing problem.
    Thanks