Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77

Thread: Definitions update

  1. #1
    Senior Member alicez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    179

    Default Definitions update

    #1- Was there a definitions update today (Wed. 6/11/2014)?

    #2- Also, I have not had any immuniztion updates for quite a while. Is that true?
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

  2. #2
    Spybot Advisor Team Zenobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,164

    Default

    1.Yes,there was,my logfile is showing updates were downloaded today.
    2.Probably,there may not have been any immunizations released this week,though I don't know for sure:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...rotected-Items

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    155

    Default

    When I check with v1.6.2 it says that there are no updates available. Have you forgotten to provide those updates?

  4. #4
    Senior Member alicez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    1.Yes,there was,my logfile is showing updates were downloaded today.
    2.Probably,there may not have been any immunizations released this week,though I don't know for sure:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...rotected-Items
    I am getting same response as drghughes, "No newer updates available." Last update was 6/5/2014.
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I'm encountering the same thing and have the same questions as those above.

  6. #6
    Member Lancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Well, today I received an update for Spybot 2.3.39 portable on one system, and none for Spybot 1.62 portable on another system. Has Safer stopped supporting the older version? Or is it just a glitch?

  7. #7
    Senior Member alicez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    179

    Default

    And response/solution yet regarding the "no definitions download for Wed. 6/10/14?"
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

  8. #8
    Spybot Advisor Team Zenobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,164

    Default

    Oh,I have no idea what's going on with that.I have the new version.
    There were definitions released,they're listed on the updates page:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/about/updates/

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer
    Has Safer stopped supporting the older version? Or is it just a glitch?
    I have no idea,but I can't imagine support for Spybot 1.6.2 being stopped without some sort of announcement,so my guess would be some kind of glitch.

  9. #9
    Spybot Advisor Team Zenobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,164

    Default

    I downloaded manual updates last Friday,and it looks like the MD5 sum on the manual detection updates is different from the one I downloaded,so they should be the manual detection updates from today:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

    Though Spybot 1.6.2 users should possibly wait to see why Spybot 1.6.2 didn't get updates today,perhaps the updates were incompatible with 1.6.2 or something along those lines,so a Team Spybot comment is probably needed first.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I downloaded manual updates last Friday,and it looks like the MD5 sum on the manual detection updates is different from the one I downloaded,so they should be the manual detection updates from today:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

    Though Spybot 1.6.2 users should possibly wait to see why Spybot 1.6.2 didn't get updates today,perhaps the updates were incompatible with 1.6.2 or something along those lines,so a Team Spybot comment is probably needed first.
    I just installed 1.6.2 and cant scan because I have 0 definitions...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •