Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Definitions update

Quote Originally Posted by drghughes View Post
    If you're asking about this thread, my guess is that they're ignoring it and hoping that it goes away.

If you're asking about the forum, well Zenobia posted a reply just over an hour after your post above, so yes.

Why Zenobia isn't escalating this problem for us is anyone's guess. Zenobia?
    Hey,there.
    The reason I didn't reply to this thread is because I don't know why some Spybot 1.6.2 users didn't get updates on Wednesday.I read it,and assume that it might be the same reason you guys didn't get updates the first time it happened,but I don't know for sure,so me posting anything about it would be a lie.
    I did check that the manual update was a new one,and it appears to be.I looked on the Spybot facebook page to see if anything about the updates was there,and there wasn't.

I can't escalate a problem.I'm a Spybot user,just like you are,only I've used it for a very long time,know very well how it works,and help out wherever I can.In general,I have no more knowledge about definition updates or anything like that then anybody else does.
    I can make some guesses,though(keep in mind they are guesses only).This is the weekend,and most of Team Spybot is not available on the weekend.They probably know about this thread,though,either they read it themselves,or tashi told them(tashi is almost always on top of these types of things,she's whole bunches of wonderful.)
    Also,just because there has been no reply in this thread does not necessarily mean that the problem isn't being looked at or fixed,so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thumbs up Update just came out.

And works again in v1.6.2 until next time. :P

I've received a message that Spybot has found and fixed a couple of problems, so here's hoping that updates for v1.6.2 work as expected from now on.

Note that as part of the fix, there is a special v1.6.2 update available today.

Quote Originally Posted by drghughes View Post
    I've received a message that Spybot has found and fixed a couple of problems, so here's hoping that updates for v1.6.2 work as expected from now on.

Note that as part of the fix, there is a special v1.6.2 update available today.
    Thanks!

Question Version 2.4 Definitions update problem today

I changed to version 2.4 (free) last week but can't get it to update today. It indicates my definitions from last week are the latest though they're not. Suggestions, please?

Red face

It took some tinkering but finally got today's update.

Quote Originally Posted by antdude View Post
    And works again in v1.6.2 until next time. :P
    Did you, or are you going to, update to version 2.4? I'm getting mixed reviews about the SpyBot program and whether or not it is worth keeping. What are you doing?
    I am now getting the weekly updates for the 1.6.2 (but wonder how long that will continue?), but no immunizations.
    Last edited by alicez; 2014-08-15 at 03:08.
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

Quote Originally Posted by antdude View Post
    SAS, MBAM, etc. are good but they don't have immunizations like Spybot. Don't bother to check daily. Just do it every Wednesdays even if there are no updates for v1.6.2. I will check mine again next Wednesday since this happened before. :/
    AFAICT There have been no immunization updates in the past several weeks for the 1.6.2 and I am thinking maybe they do not include "immunizations" any longer for 1.6.2.

Anyone know for sure what is happening with immunizations for 1.6.2?
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    AFAICT There have been no immunization updates in the past several weeks for the 1.6.2 and I am thinking maybe they do not include "immunizations" any longer for 1.6.2.

Anyone know for sure what is happening with immunizations for 1.6.2?
    Weeks? More like many months for me. Does v2 even get immunization updates?