Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Definitions update

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    There is no teatimer in the Spybot 2.3 free edition.
    Thank you. What about SB 2.2?
    If yes, how do I disable?
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

You're welcome.
    No,there is no teatimer in Spybot 2.2 free version,either.Teatimer was ended with Spybot 1.6.2.
    Spybot 2.2 is quite similar to Spybot 2.3,so Spybot 2.3 would be better to use compared to Spybot 2.2,since 2.3 is the latest.

If you prefer to stay with Spybot 1.6.2,then you could do that,though.I'm guessing that whatever happened with the definition updates not downloading for some people with Spybot 1.6.2 might be fixed by Wednesday,next week.

People here have been saying that last weeks manual updates worked.If you haven't downloaded them,and would like to try it,I can help you with where you install the manual updates to,if you would like that.Just let me know which computer you're on.

Thank you for an explanation about the update situation, Zenobia.

You're welcome,but keep in mind I'm only guessing that it might be fixed by Wednesday.

Default Malware updates okay, but no updates can be downloaded for AV

I've got a partial similar and partial different problem, and the FAQ seems not so helpfull as I hoped:

I recently purchased the Professional Edition of Spaybot including AntiVirus - and now I'm having probs with downloading AV-Definitions for 3 days. Malware ist okay and the downloads are successfully installed but the troubles are with AV-Definitions.

Does anyone know something about that?

Or shall I better make a new fred?

Thank you for your patience

Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You're welcome,but keep in mind I'm only guessing that it might be fixed by Wednesday.
    ten-four

Question Same here for this update issue

I am using 1.6.2 and I have the same issue that people are reporting here namely that the definition files have not updated for the past 2 weeks. I get a message saying that there are no updates available. To day I manually updated the definition update file from your website. Would this file that I have manually updated include all the updates for the past 2 weeks or is the file just a 1 week update? Another note, the Immunization has not found anything to immunize for about the past 12 months. Is this normal/correct?
    Thanks.

Default Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by antdude View Post
    My two v1.6.2 installations get any updates for this week's so far. Last updates were on 6/4/2014 morning PDT.
    I got one internal update today as of a few minutes ago.

Default Sfsg

I just received 1 update today and hope that everything is now okay for now and in the future.
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    I just received 1 update today and hope that everything is now okay for now and in the future.
    I hope so too, but who knows how long v1.6.2 will stay supported. It is pretty old, and I am still surprised that it is still supported.