Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Definitions update

Here we go again. <yawn>

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Here we go again. <yawn>
    Yep!

Still no update for 1.6.2 and no word from SB.
    Does anyone know if there is a good substitute for SB? I don't think these updates are going to improve or continue and I can't waste my time coming back each day to see if there is an update. I think the best thing for me to do is give up on SB (after all these years) and try another program.
    Maybe SuperAntiSpyware?
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    Still no update for 1.6.2 and no word from SB.
    Does anyone know if there is a good substitute for SB? I don't think these updates are going to improve or continue and I can't waste my time coming back each day to see if there is an update. I think the best thing for me to do is give up on SB (after all these years) and try another program.
    Maybe SuperAntiSpyware?
    SAS, MBAM, etc. are good but they don't have immunizations like Spybot. Don't bother to check daily. Just do it every Wednesdays even if there are no updates for v1.6.2. I will check mine again next Wednesday since this happened before. :/

Quote Originally Posted by antdude View Post
    SAS, MBAM, etc. are good but they don't have immunizations like Spybot. Don't bother to check daily. Just do it every Wednesdays even if there are no updates for v1.6.2. I will check mine again next Wednesday since this happened before. :/
    Thank you. By SAS I presume you mean "SuperAntiSpyware."
    If I am not mistaken, it has been a long time since SpyBot updated the immunization files. Usually it was almost every week or so, but haven't seen that in quite a long time; so they might not even be doing that any longer with the updates to 1.6.2.

I already have MalwareBytes but they also updated to a new version, which I am not foo happy with. For me, not as easy to use as the previous version.
    Sometimes when they upgrade, they make things worse - that is only my opinion. "If it's not broken -don't fix it," has always my motto. As a Septuagenarian, I am not able to keep up to date with all these upgrades and changes.
    I also have Spyware Blaster.
    Last edited by alicez; 2014-07-17 at 23:28.

Red face

Thank you. By SAS I presume you mean "SuperAntiSpyware."
    If I am not mistaken, it has been a long time since SpyBot updated the immunization files. Usually it was almost every week or so, but haven't seen that in quite a long time; so they might not even be doing that any longer with the updates to 1.6.2.

I already have MalwareBytes but they also updated to a new version, which I am not foo happy with. For me, not as easy to use as the previous version.
    Sometimes when they upgrade, they make things worse - that is only my opinion. "If it's not broken -don't fix it," has always my motto. As a Septuagenarian, I am not able to keep up to date with all these upgrades and changes.
    I also have Spyware Blaster.
    Yes for SAS. I am also not happy with the new MBAM version too. It takes too long to do a quick scan from my right click in Windows Explorers! :( Notice I still use old versions of MBAM, SpyBot, etc. As long as they still get updated, I am going to keep using them!

Is Spyware Blaster free and can do ondemand scan and clean (no annoying memory residents)?

Quote Originally Posted by antdude View Post
    Yes for SAS. I am also not happy with the new MBAM version too. It takes too long to do a quick scan from my right click in Windows Explorers! :( Notice I still use old versions of MBAM, SpyBot, etc. As long as they still get updated, I am going to keep using them!

Is Spyware Blaster free and can do ondemand scan and clean (no annoying memory residents)?

https://www.brightfort.com/spywareblaster.html

All I know is that it runs in the "background," with no scanning, etc., needed. I update whenever I remember to do so.

I guess you are the same as me with regard to the upgrades. I had the automatic upgrade checked on my Win7 for the MBAM and it automatically upgraded to the new version, which I do not like. My Vista still has the previous MBAM and I too will keep it as long as it updates. The new one is just too "bloated" for my needs. I guess these free versions are always trying to get you to buy the paid-for versions.

Does anyone know if SB staff read these messages?
    It would be nice to hear what they have to say about the 'weekly' definitions for 1.6.2. Whether they are available only every two weeks now, or what.

Does anyone know if SB staff read these messages?
    It would be nice to hear what they have to say about the 'weekly' definitions for 1.6.2. Whether they are available only every two weeks now, or what.
    If you're asking about this thread, my guess is that they're ignoring it and hoping that it goes away.

If you're asking about the forum, well Zenobia posted a reply just over an hour after your post above, so yes.

Why Zenobia isn't escalating this problem for us is anyone's guess. Zenobia?

Quote Originally Posted by drghughes View Post
    If you're asking about this thread, my guess is that they're ignoring it and hoping that it goes away.
    (Yes, I'm asking about this thread.)

If you're asking about the forum, well Zenobia posted a reply just over an hour after your post above, so yes.

(Where might that post be?)

Why Zenobia isn't escalating this problem for us is anyone's guess. Zenobia?
    I would also like to know why someone isn't looking into this 'problem.'
    Last edited by alicez; 2014-07-19 at 18:40.