Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Definitions update

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f) View Post
    Version 1.6 is still supported. The updates were uploaded yesterday and there was no hint that something was wrong. As the "normal" update for 1.6 did not work for some of you, please try the manual update and post if this worked. We will investigate this further. Thank you.
    The manual update appears to have worked - when I check Spybot it shows that the definitions are now for 11 June 2014.

What have your investigations shown?

I wonder if SpyBot company decided to stop providing automatic updates through/via its internal updater and forces us to manual updates. :(

It has been three days now and I am still not getting the regular update for 1.6. What is happening? Does anyone know? I would like to continue using 1.6, but don't know if that will be possible now. I would rather not update to the next version 2 at this time. Maybe I will try another program.
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    ... What is happening? Does anyone know? ...
    See Posts #11 and #12 at the top of Page 2 in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by onDvine View Post
    See Posts #11 and #12 at the top of Page 2 in this thread.
    I saw them but they don't tell me if anything is being done about this 'update' problem for 1.6.2 or whether it is being "worked on."

I still get no updates available.

2014-06-14_SBSDUpdate.png

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    I still get no updates available.

2014-06-14_SBSDUpdate.png
    As I previously posted, I am still waiting for an update for my .5.2. I don't even know if anyone at SB is working on this and what the latest news is. But it would be nice to know what is going on and whether we will ever be able to download the regular update via our 1.6.2 (which I have used and liked for a long time). If I don't hear anything in next day I will start looking for a replacement program. I installed the 2.2 on my old notebook and it said it found 69 exceptions (while 1.6.2 found zero exceptions on that notebook). I just don't like 2.2. Too complicated for me and it has changed a lot from the 1.6.2 version.

If I don't hear anything in next day I will start looking for a replacement program.
    I wouldn't count on hearing anything from Spybot. In my experience they are terrible at keeping users informed in situations like this - the only chance that we will hear anything definitive is if PepiMK decides to get involved. I think that the best thing to do is to wait until Wednesday and see what happens. If the problem is still there then that might be the time to move to another programme.

I installed the 2.2 on my old notebook and it said it found 69 exceptions (while 1.6.2 found zero exceptions on that notebook). I just don't like 2.2. Too complicated for me and it has changed a lot from the 1.6.2 version.
    Like you, I'm still on v1.6.2 so I can't comment directly on the new version. But if I recall correctly, v2.x finds exceptions where v1.6.2 doesn't because by default it treats cookies as problems. To exclude cookies, see http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...l=1#post453616

Quote Originally Posted by drghughes View Post
    I wouldn't count on hearing anything from Spybot. In my experience they are terrible at keeping users informed in situations like this - the only chance that we will hear anything definitive is if PepiMK decides to get involved. I think that the best thing to do is to wait until Wednesday and see what happens. If the problem is still there then that might be the time to move to another programme.

Like you, I'm still on v1.6.2 so I can't comment directly on the new version. But if I recall correctly, v2.x finds exceptions where v1.6.2 doesn't because by default it treats cookies as problems. To exclude cookies, see http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...l=1#post453616
    Thanks for letting me know someone else is experiencing the same thing. I did go to that page you suggested and I notice it mentioned "cookies" and "passwords."
    BTW: Is there a TeaTimer in 2.2? If so, how do I disable? Wow, is this all so confusing.

There is no teatimer in the Spybot 2.3 free edition.