Thread: Upgrading from 1.6 to 2.2

Default Upgrading from 1.6 to 2.2

Has anyone upgraded from SB 1.6 to the 2.2?
    I upgraded to 2.2 on my old WinXP notebook and the last scan by 1.6 found no exceptions. When I upgraded to 2.2 the 2.2 scan found 69 exceptions.

#1-Did anyone else have the same thing happen?
    #2-Why so many exceptions? What to do with all of them?
    #3- If you upgraded, do you like the new 2.2?

I think SB is getting too confusing to use any longer and am really thinking of switching (after all these years) to another program.
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

Add on to my previous post. Here are the files that are in my Quarantine? I can't understand what they are as they give no name, no location, etc. Can anyone tell me if they should remain in quarantine, whether they are F/P, etc. Very, very confusing for me as I am unfamiliar with this new version 2.2.

http://i60.tinypic.com/15y9bar.jpg
    Last edited by alicez; 2014-06-18 at 23:44.
    Vista also Win7 (64-Bit) IE 9; MSE; SpywareBlaster; MalwareBytes; SpyBot

Those are just usage tracks:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
    If you scanned for tracks in Spybot 1.6.2,they used to show as green.

A good rule of thumb with quarantine is to leave anything you're unsure of in there for a while,and if everything seems ok on your computer,then you can purge them after a while.Spybot usually asks if you'd like to purge old items every 30 days,I believe it is.

If you'd rather not scan for tracks,you can open Spybot start center,checkmark Use Advanced Mode,click Settings(say yes to UAC,if prompted.),then Categories.Rightclick somewhere in the window where the categories are listed,and select Spyware Scan Only,then Apply and OK.

Exclamation Save Usage Tracks

Nowadays you have to look for "File Sets" and go down to the bottom. There you can take the check mark off "Usage Tracks". After that, lists of recently used files in spreadsheets, word processors and graphics programs won't be destroyed.
    DearWebby