Thread: dwslite

Default dwslite

Can anyone give me an opinion on dwslite as far as reliability and safety. I am interested in controlling the info-mining aspect of win10 but don't want to add to the problem by installing bad software. Thanks and I'm looking forward to hearing from anyone familiar with this particular software.

Emeritus

I believe you are referring to Destroy Windows 10 Spying? There is a updated list with a good comparison of each of the tools here:
    http://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/14/com...privacy-tools/

I prefer W10 Privacy just based on the shear number of options and the explanation of the settings.
    Do Not Spy 10 shows offers to install other software during the install, so pay attention and uncheck/cancel as needed- if you install that one.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Default Thanks a million

I appreciate your info, based on your advice I'm going to give win10 privacy a try it sounds like what I'm looking for. Right now I'm on my last of 3 machines that still runs 7 so as soon as I get on one of my win 10 machines I'll be giving it a go. I might add that I have several friends who are concerned about win10 privacy issues and are watching closely to see how this works out, So thanks again from all of us. It's good to be able to get good advice like what is found here especially without whipping out a credit card number. This site is awesome.