Thread: Can government spying malware be detected and removed?

Question Can government spying malware be detected and removed?

This is about Internet security, our Internet security. It's not about "politics"—but if moderators deem this to be "politics" so be it. As we all know, government spying via the Internet is a big problem; and it would seem nobody's talking about it in here, a message board devoted to helping those who seek to keep malware at bay. If there's a thread on this board addressing government-spying malware, please send this post there. Thank you.

It's my understanding government malware happily rides into our personal computing systems via either deals with manufacturers of hardware/software or by stowing away aboard otherwise-innocent hardware/software. So ... can these invasions of our personal computing systems by such malware be detected? Can they be blocked? Can this sort of malware be removed? Is anyone actually working on this matter? It's difficult to know whom to trust....

Beauty is the purgation of superfluities. - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

Hello Flyvapnet,

Quote Originally Posted by Flyvapnet View Post
    This is about Internet security, our Internet security. It's not about "politics"—but if moderators deem this to be "politics" so be it. As we all know, government spying via the Internet is a big problem; and it would seem nobody's talking about it in here, a message board devoted to helping those who seek to keep malware at bay. If there's a thread on this board addressing government-spying malware, please send this post there. Thank you.

It's my understanding government malware happily rides into our personal computing systems via either deals with manufacturers of hardware/software or by stowing away aboard otherwise-innocent hardware/software. So ... can these invasions of our personal computing systems by such malware be detected? Can they be blocked? Can this sort of malware be removed? Is anyone actually working on this matter? It's difficult to know whom to trust....

I doubt any software can help users with government matters, if you use a search engine to research this issue there are a lot of hits.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Angry Thanks for nothing!

Tashi, your cop-out is insulting. "Government matters"? I'd thought malware in our local machines would be of passing interest, if not actual concern, to Safer-Networking Ltd. This is apparently not the case, as you've made abundantly clear by your condescending suggestion that I search the Web. If there is any native intelligence to be found at Safer-Networking Ltd. it's surely in hiding.

Beauty is the purgation of superfluities. - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

Hello Flyvapnet,

Sorry you found my response a cop out, it certainly wasn't meant to be.

Kind regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Unhappy Yes? So...?

All right, I can see government-installed malware is off limits for discussion on this board. What a pity, given the enormity and pervasiveness of that malware! So be it. I hadn't thought Irish corporations would be in on the deal, too.

Default I agree with Fly

pretty sorry responses tashi,tell me again Why YOU are a responder????

Cool

to Flyvapnet,

The terse and patronizing reply you received to this very pertinent question is typical, and to be expected by a work force, and mentality,
    that is typically filled by military intelligence.

The duplicitous nature of surveillance and subversion can only be employed by a workplace that its self
    has to use and entertain that very mind state, and there for is easily invaded and taken over by it.

You seem a very intelligent fellow, but what were you thinking?
    Perhaps you were being overly optimistic.
    If so I do actually respect that.
    It is actually the naive question that has exposed and brought down states of tyranny before,
    and I suspect it will continue to do so.

By the way the very fact that your post has remained up, shows there is a very real glimmering of hope.

P.S. Ireland, and Great Briton are heavily surveyed, so not so surprising.

I have always been one to look at actions more than words, and the App Anti-Beacon, tells me that safer-networking, has (for me)
    an up lifting opinion on corporate, and government, surveillance.