Log Name: Application
    Source: SideBySide
    Date: 1/29/2011 11:42:34 AM
    Event ID: 63
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    Description:
    Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll" on line 8. The value "*" of attribute "language" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

I filtered the application log to only show EventID 63, it shows 58 events going back to November 2010, which is as far back as the log goes, all of which are the same Spybot DelZip179.dll error. The errors seem to happen randomly every 1-3 days at different times of the day.

I've already searched and read all of the other posts about this error here, and they all end with the same conclusion; the file is corrupt, send email for new one. Rather than do that, I just deleted the DelZip179.dll file and re-installed Spybot. Maybe that will fix it, but my question is why am I getting these errors so often when I'm not even running Spybot? I only run it about once a month to immunize my system and do a scan. The immunization seems to do the trick because the scans usually report no problems, or maybe an occasional tracking cookie or two.

Hello,

Your delzip is damaged.

Please send us an e-mail to: detections(at)spybot.info regarding this issue/thread, then we will send you a fresh file.

Thanks.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you, but you didn't even answer my question. Why am I getting this error about 1-3 days when I only run Spybot once a month?

Also, if the DelZip179.dll file is damaged, then it is distributed damaged because I re-installed the program. I uninstalled it, made sure to delete any leftovers, and the error is still happening.

I would have to agree with jim on this one. If this file is corrupted, then it is being distributed as such. I would suggest an update or new release that replaces the current version with a fresh copy for all users of this program.

In the meantime, I will send you an email to get a fresh copy of this file as I have this error a lot myself.

thanks

Unhappy

Hello,

I'm getting this error message too.
    I have send a mail.

Regards,

MrX1980

I'm not getting the error, so DelZip179.dll isn't corrupt when distributed. I scan weekly after the new signatures are updated without any problems. As far as getting the errors when not scanning, there are two resident entities of SpyBot Search & Destroy that may use the dll. Of that, I'm not sure.

Make sure that you are using the latest SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.6.2 downloaded from a link on Download Spybot-S&D.

File: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\DelZip179.dll
    Size: 255392 bytes
    File Version: 1.79.11.01
    Modified: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 10:24:30 AM
    MD5: 5A0F27A0F68EB7ACE2F2C54B76603DD4
    SHA1: 3FDD368A44C6D9F5A2A9CE3128467F7C7AAA8667
    CRC32: 56D68F40

Getting a replacement emailed to me fix this for me.

I was looking in relative's systems, and I also see the same error message. It doesn't seem to happen often, though.

Instead of having users e-mailing you, can't you provide an update that would verify if such error appears and replace the needed file(s)?

Just a suggestion. Can you imagine hundreds of users e-mailing you? ;D

same error message.....

Kan activeringscontext voor 'c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll' niet maken. Fout in manifest of beleidsbestand 'c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll' op regel 8. De waarde * van kenmerk language in element assemblyIdentity is ongeldig.

its in dutch

Yesterday I downloaed this program which I've used a lot and enjoy. Today I noticed the error in my event log.

I am on a laptop usong windows 7 64 based
    I downloaded the newest version of spybot seach and destroy 1.6.2 on this site so something is definitely wrong. Even though I am Dutch I picked the English language.

Log Name: Application
    Source: SideBySide
    Date: 4-12-2011 12:12:04
    Event ID: 63
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: user-msi
    Description:
    Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll" on line 8. The value "*" of attribute "language" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="SideBySide" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49409">63</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-12-04T11:12:04.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13438</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>user-msi</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>assemblyIdentity</Data>
    <Data>language</Data>
    <Data>*</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search &amp; destroy\DelZip179.dll</Data>
    <Data>c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search &amp; destroy\DelZip179.dll</Data>
    <Data>8</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Oh and I think I did not enable teatimer when I installed the program. It is not running so do not understand why I get this error.There is another thread about this and I am sure many people have this error but do not notice it. I was thinking of reinstalling but that would be no use.
    Last edited by MarleneNL; 2011-12-04 at 14:27.