Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Settings won't hold!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news,but Windows Explorer integration (32 bit) is something different from the security center service.
    Security Center Service is under the Services tab.I'll attach a screenshot of it so you can see it(it's from my Windows 7,not Fred).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unhappy Alas!

Oh, well. We give up, Zenobia. *is discouraged* AsukaKneel01A.jpg I've paid for goods which weren't delivered. Nostalgia for the old days of Spybot—prior to its software being mysteriously and unnecessarily redesigned, when everything worked; when there was a list of all the cookies, a Tea Timer, etc.—is presently the theme at our humble abode.

Beauty is the purgation of superfluities. - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

I was typing and lost power yesterday,but I see everything I typed was autosaved.That's convenient.

I looked on this computer(Windows 7),and I have the ServicesPipeTimeout set to 180000.180000 milliseconds would equal approximately 3 minutes for the service to start,if you wanted to try that.The 120000 was 2 minutes,so you'd be giving the Service a minute more to Start.Probably might not make a difference,though.

If you wanted to try that,you've already got the registry backup,so you should be good there.
    You'd go to Start,Run,type regedit.exe,then press OK.
    Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
    Click Decimal,type 180000,then click OK.
    Exit the registry,then reboot your computer.

Though I'm not certain if the Security Center not being on in XP is a bug,or on purpose,since it doesn't show in Spybot's settings,or on at least 3 XP computers,so far.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2014-07-06 at 16:41.

Wink 'All Quiet on the Western Front'

Zenobia, I reset that "Services Pipe Timeout" function to 180000 as you suggested; but you're right: It didn't seem to help, insofar as there's still no sign of "Security Center Service" in the Settings. I ran the "services.msc" command and tried starting "Spybot-S&D 2 Security Center Service" again; however, just as before, it tried to start but an error-message box touting "Error 1053" appeared. Oh, well.

So I sent a message to "Software support for Home and Professional Edition users" on this Web site, briefly describing the problem. At least I think I did: After entering that stupid and largely-unreadable "CAPTCHA" thing and clicking "Submit" I was taken to the generic page named above, but it didn't display the message form. No confirmation page appeared. Does that mean my message was received or rejected?

At this point, I imagine there's nothing else we can do. I'll just wait and see what, if anything, is forthcoming from that more formal source of help. In the event Asuka, =^..^= Blue and I thank you for your effort and time. It's been a pleasure meeting you!

AsukaPondering01A.jpg
    Beauty is the purgation of superfluities. - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

You're welcome,and Fred says it was nice for him to feel useful,and not to have to go off on time travel endeavors for something to do.

In all honesty,I'm not sure.I've never used the support form before,but most likely your message went through.

Smile Good-bye for now, Zenobia and Fred!

Good news, Zenobia: I received an electronic-mail message from the Support people, acknowledging my appeal for help. We shall see what miracles await, I hope!

Fred, don't despair! I'm sure Zenobia will grant your wish—eventually. 'Bye for now!

ThanksFred.png

It's his own fault,really,Fred finds cds delicious,and can't understand why I keep asking him how he can possibly not have a USB port.But I will give him puppy linux one of these days,if only to distract him from time traveling excursions to bring back Bengal tigers.

Bye,good luck with support,hope it gets sorted.