Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 1.6 won't immunize Firefox

Default Spybot 1.6 won't immunize Firefox

I'm having a problem with spybot 1.6 immunizing firefox 3, for some reason. I don't have any spyware scanners running, just spybot and NOD32. It will not immunize firefox default(cookies) default(images) default(installations) default(popups) I'm stumped.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-08-07 at 10:31. Reason: Mod: sorry no commercial signatures :)

Smile

talkinggoat,

Did you previously have Firefox 2 installed on the PC, and if so did you completely uninstall it before you installed Firefox 3, and by that I mean manually remove any left over folders and files after the un-installation process.

If you look at the immunisation screen, in the Firefox group, are there two of each catagory. If there are, could you see whether a file named hostperm.1 is in your browser profile folder - if so try deleting it - it belonged to Firefox 2 - Firefox 3 uses a file called permissions.sqlite.

If this fixes the problem, post back and let us know, if not could you please provide some details about your operating system, CPU type, etc, and perhaps also some time frame details as to when Spybot 1.6 was installed relative to the installation of Firefox 3, and whether there was an earlier version of Spybot on the computer.

I have Vista/Firefox 3 and also could not immunize. Finally tried UNDO, and then could immunize. But after downloading updates from today (8/20/08) the problem reoccurred and I can't correct. Now what? Thanks, Gary

P.S. I have a new computer with Intel Quadcore 6700, Vista premium and have never had any Firefox on it other than FFox 3.

Default Same Problem

I am having the same problem. Firefox will not immunize. I am running FireFox 3.02 and Windows XP Pro. I did not have Firefox 2.0 installed before 3.0 so That is not the problem. I also did not have the bad prefs file. Any other ideas?

Default Problem exists in Windows XP also...

I've re-installed a fresh XP copy with Firefox 2 - same problem.
    Problem did not exist with Spybot version 1.5.2.

This seems to work for the now occasional "Will not immunize" Open Spybot, go to immunize and click undo. When this finishes, then click immunize. It seems to work.

I also can't immunize Firefox 3 stuff...
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled spybot but to no avail. i've also removed immunization and redone it.
    there's a good chance i didn't uninstall firefox 2 before updating to 3, though....

Default Also can not immunize half of Firefox entries

I also can not immunize half of the Firefox entries (Cookies, Images, Installations, Popups). Almost like a 2nd "hidden" Firefox profile exists.

Tried Undo then Immunize - did not fix the problem.

I had this happen on another computer that I worked on the other day as well.

Win XP SP2, AVG 8.0 (updated 9-14-08), SpywareBlaster (09-12-08 update), SS&D 1.6.0.30 (with 2008-09-10 update), & FF 3.0.1 with McAfee SiteAdvisor 2.8 & Google Toolbar add-ins enabled, AVG Safe Search and AVG Security Toolbar add-ons disabled.
    Last edited by esman01; 2008-09-15 at 08:19.

Greyfox - I deleted the hostperm.1 file but it did not fix the problem - still unable to immunize.