Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Download/Streaming/Pop-up Problems

Hi

I did as instructed, but neither program will download still

Malcolm

Emeritus

hi,

Lets start over again. Look in your add/remove programs panel for these entries and uninstall them:

LinkSwift 1.0.0
    Optimizer Pro Crash Monitor (Didnt see this one on your list but you might see it, if you dont see it listed let me know and we will go after it manually)

These are the cause of your popups. Most likely piggybacked in on other software. After the uninstall reboot machine. I dont think these are the cause of being unable to download software. Try one of those downloads again just to be sure after you uninstall linkswift and pro cash monitor (if its listed).
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Hi Shelf Life

Well, you seem to have cracked it.
    I removed Link swift and all the pop-ups are gone.
    I couldn't find Optimiser Pro Crash Monitor, but I did find something called Optimizer Pro v3.2, which I left alone.

Malwarebytes then downloaded fine, I will try and attach the log, but I always mess up there!! Ah, it says the file is 50.9Kb which is over the 48.8Kb limit so it won't upload, please advise.
    I tried streaming a couple of things which wouldn't work properly before, and they now seem to be fine.

Please let me know if you see anything in the log that needs fixing, and also is there anything you've asked me to do whilst fixing this that I now need to reset?

I can't thank you enough for your help, but a small donation will arrive.

Thanks again

Malcolm

Emeritus

ok Good news. Go ahead and uninstall Optimizer Pro v3.2 from the add remove programs panel- its useless and bundled with other addons.

The MBAM log: you could copy/paste half of it in one post then the other half in another post?

If you want you can re-enable Windows SmartScreen.

Hi

Okay, tried to attach it as 2 files, hope it works ok

Malcolm
    Attached Files Attached Files

Emeritus

Ok thanks for the logs. Since you had adware type stuff we will hit it with adwcleaner.exe, which targets this stuff, just to pick up anything MBAM didnt drag up. So one more download and we will call it quits after that.

Please download Adwcleaner.exe using the Download Now @Bleepingcomputer button.
    Double click on AdwCleaner.exe, select OK, then Run
    Click on the Scan button
    Once its done click on the Report button
    Copy and paste the contents of the log file in your reply
    You can also find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt as well
    Exit AdwCleaner with the X (close) button. click ok at the final prompt.

Hi

Ran AdwCleaner - it found Optimiser Pro Crash Monitor!!

Log attached.

Thanks again for your invaluable help.
    Do I need to run any of these programs regularly, i.e. when I do a Spybot scan?

Malcolm
    Attached Files Attached Files

Emeritus

hi Malcolm,

Thanks for the info. You can keep and use MBAM, the free version must be updated manually and a scan started manually. MBAM targets much more than just adware. Always check for updates before a scan is started.

Adwcleaner is updated frequently and i think it will prompt you if theres is a updated version. It targets adware. But, do you need to keep and use it? I guess you could but all the stuff you had is avoidable. Most likely it was installed with other software. I have some info about this on my web page. There is a uninstall button if you want to remove it.
    If all is good on your end we can call it quits.
    Happy safe surfing out there.