Thread: quarantine

Default quarantine

Hi...I'm new to the new Spybot 2.4 and I have a few questions on using this version as to using the old 1.6.2 version.

After running a full scan and fixing the selected items found, I see that there is a quarantine area and in it are some items from today's scan. Are these items safe to remove and how to you remove them from the quarantine area?

To purge anything you'd like to remove from quarantine,select any items you would like to remove,then click Purge Selected over to the left.

A general rule of thumb for quarantine is you can leave anything found in there for a bit.That way,if there were a false positive,it is backed up into quarantine,and can easily be restored.
    When you open quarantine,Spybot usually offers to purge old items every 30 days or so,if you wanted to do it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    To purge anything you'd like to remove from quarantine,select any items you would like to remove,then click Purge Selected over to the left.

A general rule of thumb for quarantine is you can leave anything found in there for a bit.That way,if there were a false positive,it is backed up into quarantine,and can easily be restored.
    When you open quarantine, Spybot usually offers to purge old items every 30 days or so,if you wanted to do it that way.

Thank you very much.....will do that.

You're welcome.