Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spybot Home crashed during system cleanup while "Fixing Selected Problems"

Default Spybot Home crashed during system cleanup while "Fixing Selected Problems"

I did a full scan of my entire system. Spybot Home found quite a lot of stuff. However, when I attempted to "fix problems" it took an unusual amount of time and then crashed, forcing me to end the process. I attached a screenshot for reference.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -=<>=-

Try not scanning for tracks,then fixing.
    Open Spybot start center,checkmark Advanced User Mode.Click Settings(say yes to the UAC prompt,if applicable),then the categories tab.Somewhere within the window underneath Malware Detection,rightclick and select Spyware Scan Only,then click Apply and OK.

That's just to cut down on some of the stuff being found for now,to see if the scan will complete without getting 'Not Responding'.You can turn tracks back on afterwards,if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Try not scanning for tracks,then fixing.
    Open Spybot start center,checkmark Advanced User Mode.Click Settings(say yes to the UAC prompt,if applicable),then the categories tab.Somewhere within the window underneath Malware Detection,rightclick and select Spyware Scan Only,then click Apply and OK.

That's just to cut down on some of the stuff being found for now,to see if the scan will complete without getting 'Not Responding'.You can turn tracks back on afterwards,if you like.
    The scanning completed just fine, it crashed while trying to delete the found items. Don't I want to continue check for malware?
    -=<>=-

Sorry,I meant to say "see if the fixing would complete",not the scan.

Selecting "Spyware Scan Only" will let Spybot continue to search for malware.
    Taking tracks off for the time being will cut down on the number of items being found after a scan,which will cut down on the number of items being fixed,which might allow the fixing to complete,since the "Not Responding" message might be happening if there is a lot of things to fix.Tracks aren't malware,so it's ok to not scan for them during one scan to see if it will complete,it will do no harm,and I can help you set Spybot to look for them again afterwards.This one scan is just a test,to kind of try to see what might be happening,as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Sorry,I meant to say "see if the fixing would complete",not the scan.

Selecting "Spyware Scan Only" will let Spybot continue to search for malware.
    Taking tracks off for the time being will cut down on the number of items being found after a scan,which will cut down on the number of items being fixed,which might allow the fixing to complete,since the "Not Responding" message might be happening if there is a lot of things to fix.Tracks aren't malware,so it's ok to not scan for them during one scan to see if it will complete,it will do no harm,and I can help you set Spybot to look for them again afterwards.This one scan is just a test,to kind of try to see what might be happening,as it were.
    Okay cool. Sorry for the confusion. I tried it this morning and it seemed to work. It might just have been moody. I'll let you know if I have any other problems. Thanks!!
    -=<>=-

You're welcome.

Hello Zenobia,

I was going through this thread since I´m having the same problem...I followe dthe steps you mentioned above, but nothing happened, my system still freezes when I try to clean the detections (26 in total high level of threat), and after a while I get the following error message

"Failed to set data for ´Spybot-S&D Cleaning´"

Hpe you can help me

Thanks in advance

When you open Spybot S&D Start Center,what version of Spybot is listed in brackets at the top?

It says Version 2.4
    Attached Files Attached Files

Zenobia,

Besides having the latest version updated, I run it with administrator privileges.

Hope you can help me with this since everytime I get more threats detected

Thanks