Thread: 'Spybot' fails to recognize updates

Question 'Spybot' fails to recognize updates

I update Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.3.39.130 daily, but somehow Spybot isn't entirely getting the word: It keeps insisting my signatures haven't been updated in more than eight days. This is a relatively new development. Here, below, are some files and images which (hopefully) illustrate what's going on.

Screenshot of desktop showing Spybot icon mouse-over box: Desktop.jpg

Screenshot of Start Center window showing out-of-date warning in upper right: Start Center.jpg

Screenshot of Update window showing red-bordered warning which never goes away: Update.jpg

Screenshot of Services window and Properties window for the Updating Service: Services1.jpg

Updates.log showing most recent entries: Updates Log.txt

As I mentioned above, I update Spybot every single day. Sometimes I update it more than once a day, in hopes the out-of-date warnings will go away. If you can help me solve this mystery I shall be most grateful. Thank you!

Last edited by Flyvapnet; 2014-07-13 at 05:43. Reason: Correct two grammar errors
    Beauty is the purgation of superfluities. - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

Thanks for posting the screenshots and updates.log.It makes it so much easier for me.

Try Spybot 2.4:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/2014...ting-problems/

If you uninstall Spybot 2.3 before downloading Spybot 2.4,make sure you don't delete the C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 folder by hand to tidy up or anything,since your license files are located in there.

Smile Greetings to you!

Hello there, Zenobia and Fred! Please forgive my delay in replying, but I didn't receive an electronic-mail notification of your reply in spite of the fact I'd subscribed to this thread. In fact, when I went to my Settings page here at the forums I was informed "There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period."

Anyway ... Asuka Asuka Langley.jpg, =^..^= Blue =^..^= Blue.jpg and I wish to inform you we've followed your suggestions: Spybot 2.3 has been uninstalled and Spybot 2.4 is now up and running. There's already some improvement, insofar as Spybot continues to inform us "This software is being updated" even though the updating took place hours ago. But that's better than "Your signatures have not been updated in ten days"! Yet there obviously remains some manner of roadblock to proper intra-Spybot communication.

Last edited by Flyvapnet; 2014-07-15 at 09:44. Reason: Corrected wording
    Beauty is the purgation of superfluities. - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

Hi,from me and Fred.Aw,Blue is a cutie.

Spybot Home edition and up by default is scheduled to download updates in the background.That is probably why the "This software is being updated...." is showing at the top of the Start Center,even though you had already manually updated.In the past,mine showed that,almost like it was stuck,so I gave it a little nudge by going to Start Center,Settings,System Services,stopped the Updating Service,waited until the "This software is being updated...." changed to "The Update Service stopped",then started the service again,and it showed as being up to date after that.Might not work,but probably worth a try.