Thread: AS+AV: off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default AS+AV: off

Live protection is on, the internet is protected and yet AS+AV is off!

Where can I activate AS+AV after the system start? I don't want to log out and in again every day.

Open Spybot Start Center,checkmark Advanced User Mode,click Settings(say yes to the UAC prompt,if applicable),click the System Services tab.Is the Scanner Service off or uninstalled?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Open Spybot Start Center,checkmark Advanced User Mode,click Settings(say yes to the UAC prompt,if applicable),click the System Services tab.Is the Scanner Service off or uninstalled?
    It was stopped but the checkmark was set for "Nach jedem Neustart aktiv". So it SHOULD have started.

Go back to the System Services tab,start the Scanner Service.Then rightclick the sdtray icon(it's down by your clock),and Exit.
    Now click over to the System Integration tab,scroll down to Tray Icon and start it,then click Apply and OK.The reason for that is because sdtray doesn`t show it unless you exit it and start again,but if the Scanner Service is active,then you should see AS + AV as Active.

After that can you reboot your computer to see if the Scanner Service comes on automatically when you boot into windows?
    I might as well find out from you what your operating system is now,in case more needs to be done after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Go back to the System Services tab,start the Scanner Service.Then rightclick the sdtray icon(it's down by your clock),and Exit.
    Now click over to the System Integration tab,scroll down to Tray Icon and start it,then click Apply and OK.The reason for that is because sdtray doesn`t show it unless you exit it and start again,but if the Scanner Service is active,then you should see AS + AV as Active.

After that can you reboot your computer to see if the Scanner Service comes on automatically when you boot into windows?
    I might as well find out from you what your operating system is now,in case more needs to be done after that.
    Great. Today when I tried to start the scanner service manually I get this: "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Would your operating system happen to be Windows XP?