Thread: Help new member

Angry Help new member

Hi I am Manny from CA and I have been having a hard time with downloading even the safest and simplist small to large programs , apps etc. I always get the error mesg of "download interrupted virus found" or something like that. I cant even download an update to spybot and destroy. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.
    Thanks
    Manny
    Never Give Up

Emeritus-Security Expert

I am going to post a few programs for you to run and I need to see the logs, what you may have to do is use a known clean computer to download them from, then transfer them to a thumb drive , then come back to this computer and use the thumb drive to transfer them to this computer and install and run both programs

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Windows XP : Double click on the icon to run it.
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"

• On the Dashboard click on Update Now
    • Go to the Setting Tab
    • Under Setting go to Detection and Protection
    • Under PUP and PUM make sure both are set to show Treat Detections as Malware
    • Go to Advanced setting and make sure Automatically Quarantine Detected Items is checked
    • Then on the Dashboard click on Scan
    • Make sure to select THREAT SCAN
    • Then click on Scan
    • When the scan is finished and the log pops up...select Copy to Clipboard
    • Please paste the log back into this thread for review
    • Exit Malwarebytes

===========================================================

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    • Please copy and paste log back here.
    • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new DDS log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

It takes time to analyze logs and prepare a response. Volunteers help users at several sites, and take X number of new topics in order to give each member their attention.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.