Thread: access violation at address 307A2113

Default access violation at address 307A2113

When I did an update today and wanted to do an immunization I received the following error : Access violation at address 307A2113 in module "SDWelcome.exe'. Write of address 00000080.
    I attempted to remove the program and it is no longer listed in my control panel.
    Rebooting my machine did nothing. The Sybot Start Center screen can not be closed.

If it's still on the screen now,rightclick the taskbar,select taskmanager,go to the Processes tab,look through and see if SDWelcome.exe is listed there,if it is click on it then click End Process.Let me know how that went.

Was able to close the program through task manager. Am reloading it today as it is a good defense against malware

Ok,good.

Have downloaded version 2.4 but install will not complete when I click run

Do you get any error messages,or anything like that during the install?

no error message. Just downloaded it again. Noton says it is safe. Spybot 2.4 application at 45,436 KB shows in downloads. spybot-2.4 . exe*32 at 1852 K and spybot-2.4.tmp*32 are listed in task manager but nothing happens. Clicking on spybot-2.4 in downloads puts two more entries on the task manager

In task manager,End Process on all instances of spybot-2.4.exe*32 and spybot-2.4.tmp*32.If you're familiar with the processes running,you can try to End Process on some things you see that aren't important to run at the moment.Leave processes from your antivirus running,but something like jusched.exe,it should be ok to temporarily shut down.
    If you're not sure on ending process on some items,you could find some of them here:
    http://www.processlibrary.com/en/

Then try running the Spybot-2.4 install file again and see if it will go through the install now.

Exclamation

I notice I have 19 consent.exe runing in task manager and can not end process on them. I get an error message of THe operation could not be completed. Access is denied. I am sure this is spybot related.

You'd see consent.exe in task manager if you're being prompted by User Account Control.If you try to End Process,it's normal to get the "The operation could not be completed.Access is denied." message.
    Are you getting any windows that look similar to this:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Signedcode.png
    Or this:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...dows_7_UAC.png
    Also,what operating system do you have?