Thread: Spybot stalls when it can't find a drive that I don't have.

Default Spybot stalls when it can't find a drive that I don't have.

When I try to use SpybotSD, it runs normally for a few seconds, then I get a window labelled "SpybotSD.exe - No Disk" that says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR4

[Cancel] [Try Again] [Continue]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't seem to matter what button I choose, it just happens again - sometimes faster, sometimes after scanning normally for a minute more.
    I have an alienware computer with one disk drive. The drive failed a year ago and was replaced. This problem may come from that repair job, I dunno.

Is the disk drive called "C:\"?

Yes my disk drive is C. That drive appears to be scanned normally.

In the past,that's happened because C was assigned to a device with removable media:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...the-drive-quot
    Since your main drive is C:\,changing the drive letter obviously won't work for you.Nor should putting media into the removable device,since C isn't removable.
    However,what do you have for other drives,is D:\ your dvd drive,etc.?

Also,which version of Spybot do you have?If it's later than the Spybot 1.6.2,which edition do you have?And what operating system do you have?