Thread: Cookies issue

Default Cookies issue

I ran, updated and Immunized with Spybot 162. Then I opened Internet Options. From the Settings Button \ Temporary Internet Files tab
    I noticed that there were hundreds of items (cookies? or links?). I could manually delete most of them; however shortly after deletion
    hundreds of them would magically reappear >> and without me even opening my (IE 11) browser. Many of these items that
    reappear have words in them that look suspicious / undesirable (ie. "ad", "canvas", "bot", etc). Can anyone tell me why this happens.
    What can / should I do about it?
    I know that some of the items are likely OK; perhaps even necessary to speed up some of the browser operations.
    But I appear to be attracting wayyy more that seems necessary.
    Best to all,
    Ken

You could block third party cookies,that would cut down on some of them.How to do that is here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...cking-cookies/

If you scanned with Spybot,did any items listed show up in a green colour?And were there any red coloured items found?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You could block third party cookies,that would cut down on some of them.How to do that is here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...cking-cookies/

If you scanned with Spybot,did any items listed show up in a green colour?And were there any red coloured items found?
    ==================================================================================

Thank you for the fast reply. Changing my Temporary Internet Files settings in Internet Explorer seemed to stop the items from
    immediately reappearing in the Temp' Internet files folder. I changed the "Check for newer versions of stored pages" from "Automatic"
    to "Every time I visit the web page".
    Thank you for the tip about blocking third party cookies. I'll take a hard look at that.
    Best regards,
    Ken

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You're welcome.
    Block 3rd party cookies. Everything appears to be back to normal
    Best regards,
    Ken

Good,glad to hear it.