Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fix Selected not working

Default Fix Selected not working

I upgraded to Version 2.4 today, and after scanning my system for more than 90 minutes, it found 49 problems.

I clicked the "Fix Selected" button, with all 49 problems selected, and nothing.

It simply does nothing.

Is there a fix for this?

Absolutely nothing,the window doesn't show 'Not Responding',or anything like that?No errors?

Default fix selected not working

I too have this problem the programme fails to respond to fix selected and eventually Windows Vista errors out . I have made another post in a second thread that seems to describe the same problem. I will copy and paste this to this thread.
    OldGit66

Default fix selected not working

Hi again,

here is the second very similar theme http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ed+not+working

In none of the two themes is a remedy suggested apart from going back to v1.6 ( by the person seeking advice)

Thanks for looking and any help that you can give.
    OldGit66

Default More Info

Re the above: When "fix selected" is working ( I should have said that the fault is intermittent ) the scan produces malware/cookies etc. that have been preselected i.e. already ticked and fix selected works ok producing the green ticks. I may be wrong, but as I am unused to ticking the boxes on the results page, I don't remember having to tick them in the failed run. What I am saying is that if sometime results are produced that have not been preselected and I don't tick them then that may be part of the problem.

I have had two runs today the first failed as reported but the second worked ok with preselected faults.

I hope that this helps.

OldGit66

If some items on the results list aren't preselected,a quick way to select everything is to rightclick somewhere in the window and select all.

Do you find that you get fix selected "Not responding" when there are quite a few things to be fixed?

Default Not Responding

I don't know about the others but I' haven't been able to get Spybot to fix anything in a long time. Every time I run a scan then tell it to fix, it always gets stuck (not responding). It will just sit there like that forever until I finally click the X to stop the program and exit. I noticed there are some Trojan viruses that seem to be hiding in C:\$Recycle Bin\S-1-5-18\... which must be hidden as I can't find anything like that.
    Linda (virusvictim)

Default Reply tp Suggestions

To Zenobia:Thanks for the right click tip. I did not know that some things are NOT preselected and that I have to select them separately so that could be my problem with the system hanging. Because this is an intermittent problem I haven't been able, as yet, to typify it but it is my belief that it fails when I have a lot of things to fix. I will continue to watch the problem and report back here.

To virusvictim: I am luckier than you, in that S&D works most of the time. I will check my recycle bin address and report back here if I find anything.

I thank you both for replying and encourage other readers to contribute.

OldGit66

Default To virusvictim

Virusvictim: I cannot find C:\$recycle bin\ etc. in my pc. If its a virus I have Malwarebytes and other anti virus stuff and they are not detecting anything.

OldGit66

Default A nearly hung run

Hi,
    I ran S&D again this evening and it identified 9 Cookies and Tracks etc.
    When I selected fix selected (after checking that they were all ticked) It took a full 10 minutes to effect the fix. It does not always take that long. I am stumped.

OldGit66