Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fix Selected not working

Default OK Mr Z

Hi Zenobia,

I just ran a scan which got 23 hits and all worked well with no hangs. I will try running in safe mode and see what happens. It may take some time for me to try this so I will be off air until then. You can msg me if you get tired of waiting. I am running BOINC projects 24/7 but they are throttled down so as not to interfere with my main stuff. I wonder if that is causing this?

John

I don't mind waiting,just post back whenever you're ready,no rush.And thanks for trying safe mode for me.
    I am running BOINC projects 24/7 but they are throttled down so as not to interfere with my main stuff. I wonder if that is causing this?
    Possibly not,since they're geared up not to interfere with your main stuff,but it's hard to tell.

Default Figured it out

Hi Zenobia,
    I tried running in safe mode but it didn't make much difference as I still got the occasional hang ups.

I think that I have figured out what is happening. With the previous version I just clicked on fix selected and everything had the green ticks in a few seconds but with this version it sometimes takes minutes (recently 29 detections took 11 minutes) to fix and get the green ticks. Going by past experiences with S&D I must have been hitting fix selected whilst the system was still fixing and this led to the screen hanging and Windows coming in with the program is not responding. Whilst fix selected is working 2.4 does not allow you to minimise the screen so it can get a bit boring watching the same screen but I have learned to wait. This problem is still intermittent in that sometimes fix selected does go with its zing of old and fix the detections fairly rapidly.

I hope that this "fix" helps others to understand what is happening and to learn patience with the system. I will continue to post here if this is a false dawn.

Thanks
    John

Okay,and thanks for posting.

Default Not responding

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Okay,and thanks for posting.
    I am experiencing the same.
    Have run two scans today, over an hour on each.
    Resulted in lists of 50 odd things to remove.
    Hit the fix link and on both occasions the fix failed with the app going into not responding mode - closing it ends with the message "malware scanner" failed.

This is the latest ver on a win 7 pro 64bit machine that is fully up to date.

Default The procedure entre point @Snidebug@Debuglogger could not be located in the dynamic l

Used free version for years

but now with paid version all i get is:

The procedure entre point @Snidebug@Debuglogger could not be located in the dynamic link library snlBase150.bpl

Quote Originally Posted by LarryDaley View Post
    Used free version for years

but now with paid version all i get is:

The procedure entre point @Snidebug@Debuglogger could not be located in the dynamic link library snlBase150.bpl
    Please contact support.This is the page where you can do that.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/support/

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGos View Post
    I am experiencing the same.
    Have run two scans today, over an hour on each.
    Resulted in lists of 50 odd things to remove.
    Hit the fix link and on both occasions the fix failed with the app going into not responding mode - closing it ends with the message "malware scanner" failed.

This is the latest ver on a win 7 pro 64bit machine that is fully up to date.
    Try rightclicking and selecting Deselect All,then go through and checkmark a few things,then hit fix selected,and see if it will fix without not responding.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Please contact support.This is the page where you can do that.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/support/
    Thanks

You're welcome.