Thread: Facebook Constantly Refreshing

Default Facebook Constantly Refreshing

I use Chrome and play various games through Facebook. After I downloaded, scanned, immunized Spybot, certain games just keep refreshing (example: https://apps.facebook.com/slotomania/). Other games played the same way are fine. I tried to find how to exclude pages, but was not able to; I did try to undo immunize, did not work; pulled out items individually from quarantine, did not work.

Any idea why it is affecting a few and how I can fix this?

If you have Spybot 2.4,open Spybot Start Center,checkmark Advanced User Mode,click Settings(say yes to the UAC prompt,if applicable),click the Browsers tab.Is Chrome listed there?

After that,click Immunization,click Check System,after that's done,click Show Details,is Chrome listed in immunization?

Actually, it was Firefox. I did both, it was listed in the Immunization details so I unchecked those listed under it. Unfortunately, still refreshing constantly on 2 apps through Facebook.
    Last edited by annmelc; 2014-08-15 at 03:06.

I had troubles with a Facebook app once when I had third-party cookies blocked.I think I had slotomania at the time,and there were no problems with that,though,nor with any others.I'm not sure if it would cause the app to constantly refresh,either.
    Spybot does sometimes tell you which browsers allow third party cookies,and ask if you'd like to block them.

Open Firefox,click the three lines in the upper right corner,then options,then Privacy.Beside Firefox Will:click the menu and select Use Custom Settings for Firefox.
    Is Accept third-party cookies set to Accept,when visited or Never?

I use Chrome and play various games through Facebook.
    Are the apps refreshing in both browsers,or just Firefox?

I use mainly Firefox. Thanks, I set it the option to when visited and it finally works.

Good,glad it worked.